VY texts Fisher...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SARGO127, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I have to agree Joe, they both sh!+ the bed on this one. And now, they both need to just get a room and duke it out. If Fisher is even half of the professional the media makes him out to be then he will be willing to be civil enough to talk this out.

Vince feels Fisher doesn't have any confidence in him and Fisher feels Vince is a spoiled brat who doesn't put in the work that he wants his QB to. I'm sure there must be some sort of middle ground they can find but if not then it will be because Fisher has had enough.

We shall see.

2. DJB

DJB Starter

Why doesn't Fisher be a man about things. Someone trys to reach out and apologize and all you do is critcize the method and try to publicly embarass him. Just say you received the text an hope to be speaking to him in the future.

3. erut07

erut07 Camp Fodder

Anyone remember when Fisher fired Norm Chow over the phone?

Wonder where Vince is picking up these habits.....

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

That's how I feel about it. If Fish is as professional and as outstanding of an NFL elder statesmen you would think that he would take the high road and keep it tight-lipped. But it is now very very clear that he's had enough. It was always clear when he was biting his tongue and giving the PC answer before but now he's gonna take his shots and totally try to discredit Vince.

It's not like him to ever engage when he's being baited like that but his whole mentality has changed on this. He's either trying to get himself fired or he's gonna go down with a fight by dragging Vince through the mud.

5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

500 thumbs up

6. globelieves

globelieves Starter

I think something that we have all overlooked in the discussion of the text is that, whether he likes it or not, Jeff Fisher is his BOSS. Would you text your boss an appology? And would he/ or she accept it? We're not talking your fishing buddy here.

7. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Why did Fisher report this? Is it anyone elses business what goes on between a head coach and one of his players in a private message?
    I thought he was the "mature" one. Why isn't he held to the same standards as his players?
    Why is this whole situation even in the media? Because Fisher was angry(Like VY) and Fisher put it out there.
    Fisher even reported that there was only the team; no media present, when they had thier spat. I know this isn't the first time a player yelled at his coach. Shouldn't Fisher have used the situation as a teaching tool? Instead he calls him out in front of the team. That's professional.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I guess football isn't the only thing that has passed Fisher by. Sad really, maybe he should take some time off and find out what the outside world looks like these days.

9. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

If my boss was half of the problem then yes he would probably accept it unless hes an egotistical idiot like the moustached douche.

10. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Wow lol Fisher has problems

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar