VY Overrated?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by vslyke, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

this just in... Brady had defensive signals called into him giving him an unsportsmanlike advantage thus making him a complete doushebag loser.

2. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Madden cover boy, but not highly rated, hmm? He is very overrated imo, at least so far. He was impressive at moments his rookie season, and sure shut me up, but in 2007, he played the way I expected him to in his first year.

I'm hoping he lets his legs do the talking again in 2008, and he can get his mind back into football.

And, when are we going to realize that Vince led us to nothing in 2007? It was our defense. Period. We shut out one of the most potent offenses on their turf in the playoffs, and Vince cant do anything to help. That's not something to look forward to as a Titans fan unless he shows huge improvements.

I believe he will improve drastically this season with the addition of Crumpler and a 1-2 punch in the backfield.

3. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

It's sad when fans are blinded by their heart. Hypothetically, if you put me in the Titans backfield and I hand it off every down, and my field goal kicker makes 1 per game, and my defense shuts down the other team...does that make me a winner?

If that is the case, take a scrub that never plays from the Patriots but has been there since their first ring, and tell everyone he is a winner. That is unfortunate to force yourself to believe that, because he obviously has nothing to do with the number in the W column.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

You don't think Sorgi earned a ring? I do.

5. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

That is part of the unreasonably high expectations. I consider high overhyped but underrated (as I said later).

I never said VY won us games last year. Basically, he spent a lot of games getting out of the way. He won a bunch his rookie year though. And he would have done a lot more if his WRs (mainly Brandon Jones) hadn't dropped key passes. Don't forget that we were about to score against the Bolts when Chris Brown fumbled. That and the Bironas missed field goal really hurt.

6. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

That's just it - it's a team game. Blinded Vince fans are giving him the credit for being a "winner" when we all know he was one of the weaker links of the 10-6 team last season. And, if they believe Vince is a winner, and will always be one, then it doesn't matter that Brown fumbles or Bironas missed a field goal. Vince is a WINNER!

And, that is pretty funny that when we win it's because of Vince...but when we lose it's because of dropped passes, fumbles, or missed field goals. It had nothing to do with Vince being unable to make more than 1 good pass, or scramble.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. vslyke

When we beat the Texans two years ago on that huge run by VY, he won that game. He basically won the game agianst the G-men a couple of years ago. He almost beat the Colts this year until the drop. Of course, everyone wins and losses a game but when we say someone "won" a game, we meant he made the key contribution. For example, Bironas won the game against the Texans when he hit 8 FGs.

And name one game where VY fell apart and blew it. The Chargers game would qualify, if it weren't for all the oppurtunities that were left on the field by other members of the team.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

:pacman: where has the pacman lobby gone?
    :grrhee:
    "He basically won the game agianst the G-men a couple of years ago."

9. vslyke

Did I say that? Anyways, it was a VY/Pac/Kiwanaka effort in that game.

10. He can't be overrated when most of the country thinks he sucks...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar