VY Film Study: Game 1 - Jags

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

You know those toys kids get that have different shaped objects (circles,stars,triangles), and the babies try to fit them into the proper hole that matches that shape? I feel like I'm watching a baby play that game every time Vince drops back.

2. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

Check video out at the 4:20 mark:

He had a receiver who was not being jammed by the DB. The DB was at least 8 yards off and as the play started backed off even more. VY didn't even look his way and tried to run for it...

A typical poor decision plus his mechanics are still off [see 5:14 mark as example]. When he follows through on his throws; he is very accurate. The receivers simply don't have the ability to outrun anyone, so they must make up for it with deception. That tells me poor route running.

All of this can be corrected...

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Not only do I COMPLETELY agree with you, but I feel the same about voters when it comes to elections.

4. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

Now that's funny; I don't care who you are. :ha:

5. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I felt like VY looked better upon review than I did during the game.

Dropped balls killed him. He did have a ~3 poor throws besides the picks, but most were surprisingly good IMHO.

6. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

The first INT was not terrible. I tlooks like a comeback route that someone just jumped. Sure, he shouldn't throw it, but he had to get rid of the ball, and he made a bad throw. It happens to all QBs.

He also did not set his feet when he threw the deep ball to #19 (J-Mac right?) who was falling down anyway.

That throw to Gage was low, but Gage should have caught that. Not a terribly hard catch at all.

Very low to CJ. Didn't set his feet.

J-Mac dropped a deep ball that hit him in the hands. Looks like there might have been pass interferance.

Badly overthrew CJ.

Lucky INT by the DE.

And then he got hurt.

Not a great game, but pretty good for his first game in the new system. He needs to set his feet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar