VY Film Study: Game 1 - Jags

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Shout out too TNTitan on the TOMB

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qztgJRTqnls&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qztgJRTqnls&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

god, what a piss poor performance he had

3. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Can you expand on what exactly was so bad about it? He threw 2 bad picks and the only other bad throw was the one he overthrew johnson with. There were 4 or 5 throws that hit the receivers hands and 2 or 3 throws that were good throw aways. It's like some of you guys don't even watch other football games and think all nfl qbs have no bad throws.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

One very noticeable thing is that regardless of the throw, the Wide Receivers have no separation. There seemed to be a cornerback on them step for step.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

One thing I notice is every receiver he throws to is the one with 3 guys around him. Lets see...4 guys on the line, 3 on one guy, that leaves...

yep. Someone was probably open.

6. TitanicDane

TitanicDane Boozer extraordinaire

I think Vince for the most part made good reads and decisions on where to throw the ball. He had 2-3 bad throws (which obviously is 2-3 too many for QB who should manage the game and not turn the ball over).
    Aside from the bad throws, Vince found open targets and receivers in single coverage. On some of the throws the lack of receiver separation was a big part of the problem (post to J.Mac batted down, deep ball to J. Mac down the middle). On other plays it was the timing between receivers and Vince and accuracy of Vince that was the problem (medium pass to a free Gage on the left side, and deep ball to J. Mac on the left side).
    Would i have liked to see more out of the Passing offence? Of course. But the Jaguars are a good defense and all in all i think Vince did good on the field.

Now what bugs me though is how he seems to let the INT's bother him. I've seen his "pouting" being discussed on this board here before, and while I wouldn't call it pouting it really bothers me that he can't seem to shake the INT's he makes in a game. Of course he is angry with himself, but sitting with his head in his hands thinking about it doesn't help the team and it won't help himself either.

7. jfrancis04

jfrancis04 AKA jonboy_the_titan

You know it's funny-VY's low throw to Gage looks almost identical to a pass I saw thrown last night by Jay Cutler*...except Brandon Stokely mad a great catch on that pass. The announcer's declared, "what a great pass" "put it where only his receiver could catch it" etc... With VY's, we all saw what happened. Gage dropped the ball.

*For the record, I'm not claiming VY is as accurate as Cutler. Just saying that these throws in particular looked similar.

8. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

What a load of crap. Point me to one throw on that video where the receiver wasn't single covered.

With the exception of his first pick, every throw was to an open receiver or a guy in single coverage.

I'm not here to defend VY, but don't spout off crap that is clearly not true. His reads (with the exception of the first pick) were spot on.

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

to be honest...this game was no worthy of boos..He looked half decent, and take away two throws and we are all probably talking about how Vince is back to his old self and then some.

10. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

The first interception: 3 defenders, 1 Titan.
    The throw into Double coverage in the endzone.

The rest looked reasonable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar