VY Deal Done

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bulluck4dMVP, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Sure he would.

Just consider who's saying it.

Nice to see that VY's signed. Now let's get on with camp.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

healthy QB vs toenail-less DE

a little additional $$ seems about right

3. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Don't forget he's a QB. They always get paid more..

4. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

If that pisses you off just wait til you here what LWhite incentives could do........................he could bring in over 6 mil yr one if he hits every one...................

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

If I understand correctly those bonuses could be deemed "likley to be achieved" and count against the current CAP, then when they are not achieved for whatever reason the CAP money ate up by the unused "likley to be achieved" incentive would roll into 2007 effectively transfering CAP from 2006 to 2007 thru unearned incentive $.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

What's the word on the terms?

7. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

No one should be pissed ,just because, over the period of a 6 year contract, VY has the potential to make more than a # 1 pick D-lineman. A QB will always be in position to earn more money....as has been said by other posters.

Now as for Reggie Bush...He's beginning to look like a jerk, who comes from a family of borderline criminals....If I was A N.O. fan, I'd be %^#$%&...Maybe Houston knew something about Bush we didn't know.

VY ,White, and Bush all said they wanted to have a contract worked out, and be in camp on time...Now tell me...Who lied? I'm, glad we got the two we have.

Besides, don't we have about $13 million of dead money left over from McNair? That would free up a chunk for $$ that has to be paid next year.

8. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Congrats.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

There's always room for more on the bandwagon, Overalls. ;)

10. Overalls

Overalls Starter

I will be a good boy and not post my true feelings regarding that statement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar