VY completes long pass

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNThunder, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanFan4Life

TitanFan4Life Stronger Than K-Bulluck

yea.. i am a huge titans fan, but i also keeps it real

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Rule #1 - when boasting about your intellectual prowess, be sure it does not immediately follow spelling mistakes.

I'm not drinking the Vince Can Do No Wrong kool-aid, but he's a good QB getting better. He's got veterans comparing him to Favre. Analysts comparing him to Michael Jordan. His critics all cried about the completion percentage, and now he's answered that this preseason - high percentage and 0 INTs. Any way you look at the stats, he's improved from last year and is at least on par with Leinart and Cutler (Leinart was 2-6 last night, btw). Being objective, I find no evidence to say he's the MVP of the league - nor do I find evidence to say he's not a good QB.

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Tell us, is it the drugs or the alcohol. :rolleyes:

4. Texas_Titan_1

Texas_Titan_1 Camp Fodder

I love when people try to let everyone know how smart and intellectual they are.

TNT I have found that in life those who brag about themselves are usually overcompensating for the fact that no one else will. Did mommy not give you enough attention as a baby??? Maybe some that are posting on here are smarter than you, and that is why you fail to understand what they are saying and then insist that you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Anyways the only one here crying is you. VY sucks, he has bad mechanics, it will cost us games, " on 1 play he threw into double coverage" blah blah blah.

If you are the analytical guy you claim to be than analyse how many QBs in the NFL have not thrown into double coverage. When you compile that list come back and show us how wrong we were.

I know that preseason does not count when predicting the regular season, but preseason stats for VY compared to preseason stats of Tom Brady show that VY has not thrown an interception while Brady has. Now I am not saying that VY is better than Brady, but it goes to show that mechanics are important but not the most important.

Like I asked you earlier in this thread, which you did not answer, what would it take for VY to show you he is good? 20 for 20 4 TDs 400 yards no Ints and no passes deflected and no throws into double coverage.

No one is crying that you are talking bad about VY they simply don't understand what you want from the guy. The QB that you want VY to be is impossible. That QB does not even exist in the nfl.

Anyways the point is we all know that he has to improve, it does not take a genius to realize that. Every player in the nfl can improve.

So here VY if your listening the all knowing TNT says you need to improve your mechanics. Because until you do you will not be any good.

I really want to know what you want from VY and the fans on this forum. What in your infinate wisdome should we being saying about him and posting on this forum.

I do question your intellegence by continually stating what everyone knows and acting like your the only one who knows it.

5. Hooky Hornstein

Hooky Hornstein Camp Fodder

Heh! Fun post.

Far be it from me to ever put words in anybody else's mouth, but maybe he thinks we're all fools (in spite of the fact that we agree Vince Young has bad mechanics and room for improvement) simply because we're all still optimistic about the Titan's chances and we haven't yet adopted a doomed attitude.

6. split_six

split_six Guest

You undereducated diaper wetting VY cheerleaders need to listen to the in depth analysis provided. Paying close attention to the insight parsed out by the omniscient veterans around here will help facilitate a better understanding of the game of football.

Vince Young’s shortcomings should be obvious after a review of this thread.

VY defied the critics and completed another long pass tonight. This is two games in a row. He almost completed another one, but after holding the ball for 5 seconds, he decided to throw into double coverage. Tough break.

The above example accurately summarizes VY’s performance in three different plays spanning two games. Condensing several hours of game play into a few terse sentences can only be accomplished by someone with football knowledge and understanding beyond our mere mortal capability. To further illustrate Vince’s inability to throw down field, watch this clip of Vince dumping the ball off.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d801c54b3 check at 1:28 seconds in. And just look at the mechanics of that toss. Poor balance in the face of a blitz. Actually, just terrible lower body form all together. This simply will not work in the NFL!

Did you notice the Packers didn't even rush him on the long pass into double coverage, they just contained him, and dared him to beat them with his arm, which he couldn't do. This is going to be what you see this year. He throws a 10 yarder at Hartsock's knees, and misses Scaife on another 10 yarder. While the headline was meant to be funny, it has a lot of truth in it. This is why you are seeing so much short stuff right now.

This is detailed in depth at the 40 second mark. http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d801f6782 There is almost no pressure, and Vince is stuck in the pocket. Without any discernable pressure his form is a little better, but he is still either unwilling or unable to get the ball down field. Furthermore, since teams have Vince on tape now, they have found out how to contain him. Candy from a baby! They will just contain him. His mobility will be a hindrance to the Titans. This will be his ticket to the CFL.

Tonight we were being pretty vanilla, and not showing it all. I am just disappointed that he is showing NO improvement from last year in his passing skills, something Chow swore he would work on. He is still lacking touch, throwing off his back foot and not following through.....I guess no one is brave enough to tell the guy he can't throw.

It is very important to be very aggressive in pre-season. You should always pull out the stops to show the other teams what you can do! Shock and awe baby! In the last two games, his eleven incompletions are a trend. If you can’t see that, you are simply a VY jockrider. He either didn’t follow Chow’s recipe for improvement in the area of passing skill, or his lackadaisical work ethic took over again. View the :30 second mark for proof. http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d801c54b3

If you understood football you would see why this is going to be a real problem. Until VY can scare someone with a deep threat, teams will always be crowding the LOS on us. This is not grasping at straws, but maybe you should get one for your Kool-Aid.

Just look at the opening frame of http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d801c54b3 and you will see a Kool-Aid stain on that idiot’s shirt.

VY is just another Titan to me, although a very important one, and it's critical he starts doing things better or we aren't going to win.

No doubt about it. The end of last year is a great example of how VY’s lack of improvement kept the Titans out of the playoffs. With the game on the line, at New England, Vince threw an interception on an ill advised deep ball. The ROY was obviously political and simply a sympathetic gesture on the NFL's part.

I back up every critisizm with examples of why I feel that way…

This is noted heavily throughout the thread in at least three or four in depth sentences. Everyone should go back and re-read more posts by the OP. And please, if you must retort, do so without spelling errors and don’t make him correct you’re grammer.

With no threat of a deep ball, defenses are going to play 8 in the box, and the running game will suffer. Either that or you will see more of last night, defenses just containing him and daring him to throw. You just keep waving the pom poms, and ignoring the obvious.

With the big play speedy veteran receivers in the Titans arsenal, Vince Young needs to take it upon himself to get the damn ball downfield as quickly as possible. Hell, with the All-Pro O-line to protect him, stable of horses in the running game, and the MVP candidates at receiver, all this team really requires is someone to get the ball in the general direction of a receiver or turn around and hand off. Helen freakin’ Keller could have done that.

Yes, my logic is that you should carve up defenses in preseason when they aren't even gameplanning for you.

Listen one last time you Vince Young lap dogs. When people on this board come down from the mountain to sprinkle water on you little people, you should print the post and read it out loud before you go to bed at night.

7. Texas_Titan_1

Texas_Titan_1 Camp Fodder

:lol2:

AWESOME way to enlighten the little people. Hopefully TNThunders advanced analytical mind will be able digest that much info.

8. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Man, you guys really do not like VY!!!!! After all he did for us last year.....give the man a chance this season before you start to move him to RB!! LOL....cmon now...I know you all want us to win as much as me no matter who is at QB.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Pretty strong for only the 10th post. :)

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Excellent post....TNT and Ewker and NOW TITANFAN4lIFE sound like they are reaching to find things wrong with VY. I am betting that if we DISECTED Peytons game tape, we could find enough reasons to move him to water boy as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar