VY back to school for degree

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Zephyr, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zephyr

Zephyr Sec 139

"Titans quarterback Vince Young has gone back to college.

An official at the registrar’s office at the University of Texas said Friday Young is enrolled for the spring semester and is currently taking classes as a full-time student. Being a full-time student requires taking at least 12 hours.

Agent Major Adams said Young wants to get his degree and is roughly two semesters short. The plan is for Young to take classes this spring, and again next spring, he said."

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll.../SPORTS01/80125025&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

6!

2. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

guess he decided to finally make something of himself...

3. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Should be- "Titans quarterback Vince Young has gone back to study game film and play books....

4. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

There is life outside of the football field, sometimes getting away from work is the best way to refocus and prepare for the next season.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Hey, maybe this is really good news.. I mean, let the guy use his head.. Whatever he's taking may translate onto the football field.. Critical thinking and what not... I don't know. It's very mature of him to go back to school. I will say that.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If he's full time at UT, he won't be at BSP on a regular basis until mid-May.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I don't really have a problem with this at all. It's good for him to be using his brain and hopefully this will help him become more mature and a better leader. He won't be studying playbooks, but maybe he'll develop better study habits for when he does come back and start studying playbooks.

I just hope that he takes some time to get to know Heimerdinger. The last thing we need is for Vince to show up at camp and then realize that he doesn't get along with Heimer.

Edit: Is Vince actually gonna have to do some work, or is this one of those things where he is such a god at the school that he can party for 4 months, have "tutors" do all his work and then get handed a degree?

8. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

He wont be a QB forever. Too many athletes don't plan for their futures. I applaud his desire to better himself.

9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Looks like he realized the need to work with the team during the spring too. The only consern with planning on finishing up next spring is he may be occupied until early February :yes:

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

for all we know these could be online classes and he hasn't even left nashville.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar