VY = 3-0 since taking over this season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oldoilerfan, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The Titans have been behind several times in the three wins. There's been plenty of times to get rattled. He didn't rattle. He led scoring drives. The team was 0-6 with their current players and that includes the good CJ stats. We were trounced 59-0. When VY came in, it all turned around. Pretending like that didn't happen (for the second time now ) isn't going to do you any good. Everybody here knows he was the only change. Just come to grips with it. Vince makes plays. He's a winner.

2. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

I understand the love for CJ..but I cant place the last 3 wins squarly on him. Last I checked he played in all 9 games this season. I have to believe that VY has helped contribute to the holes he's been seeing of late. Didnt he have that game where he ran for over 200+ yrds..dont remember what the score was but I know we lost. If anything I would say...

YY + CJ= 3-0

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

The Defense has scored as many points as the offense the past two weeks. That is a BIG BIG deal. VY is playing very well, keep it up, he's doing what he's supposed to do...play within himself and execute. Good job Vince. But to ignore the fact that the Defense has shown up and also that the schedule got much easier after the bye is naive.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Our defense has hardly showed up even though its better than it was before. We are still one of the worst defenses in the nfl easily as far as passing goes. We can't tackle, our cb's let wr's get 10 yards free on them all day. Its almost hard to watch this team on defense.

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Vince Young 7-0 in his last 7 starts. Kerry Collins 0-7 in his last 7 starts.

6. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

To sorta play devils advocate a bit..couldnt one say that VYs ability to extend plays has helped the defense? When KC was at the helm he had a TON of 3 and outs. (In NO WAY am I excusing the defense...because overall they were down right terrible). Just saying one could argue...them not being on the field as often..maybe has contributed to them playing better of late

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Very true.

8. TxTitansFan

TxTitansFan Camp Fodder

I, too, wonder if you really even watch the games. You do know we played the Jags in week 4, right? You do know that KC started that game and we lost, right? Yup, but the second time around, KC would have gotten it done. :hmm:

The one common opponent statline:

KC vs the Jags:
    29-48 for 284
    1 TD - 2 Ints
    66.7 QB rating

VY vs the Jags:
    15-18 for 125
    1 TD - 0 Ints
    30 rushing yards - Kept a couple of drives going with his feet. One was a big 3rd down, where CJ scored on the next play.
    114.1 QB rating

CJ has been awesome, but just having VY at QB opens up the game for him. Likewise, VY has played really well, but CJ takes a lot of the pressure off of VY. CJ + VY = A great combo.

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

That 7-0 means you keep playing Vince Young.

No matter what some may think of him. :rolleyes:

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

If you guys haven't noticed... VY compliments CJ and Vice Versa. If you go back to when we played the colts, the colts were cheating an awful lot on defense because they knew when we were handing it off. Now that Vince in the game, they have to put a spy on him, which can take a defenders eyes off of CJ for a split second which can result in the home run. With KFC as QB, Everyone had their eyes on CJ. Also, if they are putting a spy on VY, trying to keep an eye on CJ, that means somewhere on the field, there is an open receiver, or one on one coverage that can be exploited.

Even though our defense got alot of style points at the end of the game, we have a VERY average pass defense and an above average d line. The reason our D line looks better now than they did 6 weeks ago is because they are actually allowed to catch their breath when VY is out there extending drives. It's amazing how we had chances to win the game on the last possession in our first 3 games when we kept going 3 and out every possession. That should speak volumes to how talented this team is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar