VY = 3-0 since taking over this season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oldoilerfan, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Im not talking about the actual play itself. Im referring to the check down..CJ was there :grrr::grrr::grrr: naked almost every time and he hardly ever threw it to him

2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

did anyone see jay cutler lose the bears the game? Again aha

3. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

Cutler is struggling in a bad way this season...17 ints? He needs to get his head together.

4. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

Can't wait for 4 - 0 after beating Texans tonight. VY & CJ should have monster games on the offense. KVB & KB should have a great games on defense as Schaub runs for his life tonight.

5. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

Fisher deserves some credit here. He patiently waited until after the bye to start Vince. He runs a trick play inside their 50 on 4th down (foiled by a foul). And he chooses not to "ICE" the Texans kicker while time was running out. I believe Chris Brown missed because he rushed the kick (no doubt waiting for Fisher to call timeout).

Compared to Kubiak (safe playing calling not showing trust or confidence in his QB), Fisher showed much trust and confidence putting the ball in Vince's hands late instead of just handing the ball off to CJ. I think we may be able to win big with Fish, CJ and Vince.

As my 4 year old likes to say, "good job", "good job".:yes:

6. TitanFan007

TitanFan007 Camp Fodder

The future looks bright for Titans! #10 is legit!

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Personally, I thought the Texans should have been prepared for the no time-out call. I believe Fisher is not the type and would prefer coaches did not use the t.o. because it uglifies the game. And I think he's on record for that. Though I am not absolutely sure.

8. iQon

iQon Starter

Very proud of Vince. Maybe it's because I was forced to watch crappy online streams the first 3 games, but the QUARTERBACK that I saw in HD last night? Impressed to say the least.

Houston clearly told him he couldn't beat them with his arm and he did very well. His awareness looked good. He's getting very consistent with his good passes.

He did let a corner bait him into a bad throw. He had a iffy fumble (bound to happen, I suppose). Snapping too early in the first with a receiver in motion was a bad play on his part. And late in the 4th when he scrambled, he should have slid inbounds to force Houston to use a timeout.

So he has flashes of great awareness, and flashes of not thinking enough. With work on those little mistakes, we can go far with this guy.

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

VY vs Cardinals:
    27/43 (not 48, I know...)
    387 yards
    1 TD
    0 INT
    99.7 Passer Rating.

When Vince started after the bye week, the general idea was 'OK, he has 10 games to show us that he deserves to be here, then we can see what we can put together for next year.' Well, you could not have asked for much more then we got out of him so far. And here, 5 games later, we're talking about playoffs, not about next year.

10. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

VY must continue to win to solidify his position as the Titan QB long-term. Now that they beat a quality team in the Cardinals, other teams will game plan for him and CJ with a sense of urgency. Let's see how he reacts to the extra pressure.

For heavens sake, it seems Merril Hodge is now in his corner. Its the power of Love....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar