VY 10 pass attempts video. Judge for yourself

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Yeah, if there's one thing that Vince CAN do is make defensemen chasing him look silly out in space.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It was STILL a terrible throw that would have been easily broken up or intercepted. If Hawkins goes straight the ball is under thrown completely. If he breaks out, the ball is thrown in the wrong area still.

It's kind of like seeing a WR fall down. And then passing it anyway. Then blaming the WR. A bad throw is a bad throw.

Hawkins route is irrelevant. Vince lobbed a terrible pass up for grabs.

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Collins does not need to "overplay" his position. That is not what we want from him. We want mistake free ball and enough passes to keep the secondary honest so our running game can keep moving the chains and eating up clock. Under Collins this team scores TDs under Young we score field goals. 70% of the time he will be handing it to a back. Collins issues are trying to do to much when it is put on his shoulders. He can pass the ball.

Young on the other hand has issues reading the D. Checks down to the last option and looks absolutely lost when he is in the pocket. At times I wonder if he even knows the play he calls. Remember against SD in 07 where he dropped back to pass and ran right into one of our backs? How about that same game where he ran right into Merrimen? The INT thrown to the Jags DE last season? Some of this stuff you have to look back and go WTF? He also seems to have a tendency to turn his back to the D when rolling back costing him valuable read time.

Hey I would be happy if he succeeded. I would love to rub it in the Texans fans nose but I just do not see it happening especially on this team. Fisher picks his horse and rides him until he breaks. He has picked Collins. Baring injury Collins starts as our QB this season and Young gets little to no playing time. We talk to him about his contract but offer him basically nothing and he asks for a release. I think my scenario is realistic and more plausible then Young finding "it" in the next 4 games and playing lights out above Collins to bump him from the #1 spot. I think most analysts would agree that Young is fighting for the #2 spot right now not the #1. And if he drops to the #3 I just don't see us keeping him on the roster at his current salary. We could use the money in better ways for more depth.

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Exactly! in the past though, he is known for not doing that, once settled in with that team, he trys to do too much and ends up turning the ball over.

Right, young has had trouble reading defenses. But that's what dinger is here for. He will get young up to speed, in time. I just can't say the guy sucks and can't do this or that because he's a titan, so i will wait until the end if this preseason to make my assumptions. For now, he had a ok outing last game. And is improving. But i won't say he's ready to start. I'll wait and see if he is consistent with his throws on saturday.

Young doesn't have to prove he's a great passer. All he needs to show is improvement and that he can play safe and consistent like collins is. Because if Vince is on kerry's level, why leave kerry in when you can get a dual threat also? Therefore i do not know how anything will turn out, I just won't be so quick to jump ship on the guy and not make any predictions, good or bad. I will just wait and see, hopefully he's good and plays well.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Who the hell are we gonna listen to? Some random fan, or the guy who was on the damn field!?:grrr::grrr: Get over it already, tommorows another game.

6. Deuce Wayne

I don't care who you need to TELL YOU that a wobbly lob pass is a good or bad one... most of us can watch the clip and SEE it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. PBV

PBV Camp Fodder

You too earlers! Not a bad board here eh? :thumb:

Personally I think you are reaching. I can acknowledge that it was possibly still a bad throw, but your absolute confidence in being able to predict the outcome had Hawkins ran the right route discredits your argument for me.

The way I see it, the whole route was fried, because pre-snap Hawkins had it wrong to begin with. In other words he played the DB to be in the inncorrect position as the play intended.

Bottomline, it's a weak point to battle with Hawkins clearly f'ing up the way he did. I think it would be wiser to wait on VY to make another mistake that is clearly of his own doing to argue your point. Given VY's history, you will likely have a better opportunity to prove your point.

8. Deuce Wayne

Ok. At what point do we finally stop and say- ok, VY has had enough mistakes... I think it's safe to say he just sucks?

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

And what makes you think that the DB wouldn't have followed Hawk therefore vacating the space where the ball may or may not have hit the ground?

Except Vince had already released the ball BEFORE Hawkins made his cut.

WRONG!!!!
    I just watched the play again. Hawk broke right and the DB stayed where he was. However, the DB jumped up to get the pick. Now, using physics(something you apparently know Jack Schitt about) to gauge the trajectory of the ball, it is pretty obvious that if Hawk would have kept going, and the DB seemed to have been trying to keep Hawk in front of him and stayed in front of Hawk, and Hawk would have kept running, it would have went right into Hawk's hands OR, at most, Hawk would have had to slow down to snag the underthrown ball. What you also fail miserably to realize is that if Hawk would have kept running straight, there is NO EFFIN WAY that the DB would have been in that spot where the ball would have been thrown, as he would have been right in Hawk's path and wouldn't have wanted a PI penalty for contacting him early by being in his way. The worst that would have happened if Hawk ran the correct route is that, Hawk and the DB may have fought for it in the air (and I bet Hawk wins) or the ball would have been underthrown and hit the ground.
    Go take a lesson in physics, then watch the d@mn play again. :rolleyes:

When the principal in Billy Madison was telling Billy he got that question wrong and ended with 'we are all now dumber for having listened to you.', he was actually talking about your posts...which make baby Jeebus cry.

10. PBV

PBV Camp Fodder

I see what your saying, but he has produced with yardage, scores, important third-down conversions, decent completion pct, wins, etc. for this team. I don't consider those contributions meaningless or sucky. I would reserve the phrase "sucks" for a player who hasn't contributed, like Henry or PW.

VY has turned the ball over too much, that I can agree with. It has cost us many good drives, time of possession, field position, morale, extra wear and tear on our defense, and most importantly wins (thankfully not too many).

But like I said, he has made many positive contributions on the field, as well as in the locker room, and three separate communities (Nashville, Austin, Houston).

Kerry has had many bad seasons. He has turned the ball over too much as well, leading to his dismissal from several teams. He currently has about a 1:1 ratio for TDs to INTs. But in that time he has still moved the ball a lot (14th all-time in passing yards), scored a lot, and won his teams many games. So it really isn't fair to disregard his contributions. Sure he has performed poorly at different points in his career, but he has still produced, and I see Vince no differently.

VY definitely needs to improve on his costly turnovers, and by training camp accounts he has. If he fails to improve that part of his game, he will be known as a player whose contributions in the end didn't outweigh his mistakes. I don't personally believe he has fallen that far, yet. Had those been losing seasons, I would believe that he has.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar