VY 10 pass attempts video. Judge for yourself

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I wish i could just ban you forever, for that remark.:rolleyes:

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The correct passing lane is only 5 feet off the ground? Wtf? I'd think that a dump off pass like that is designed for when the QB is being rushed, and the idea would be that he should put some touch on the ball to get it up and over, and then back down in the right place, which was lacking, as TJ mentioned earlier.

No, I can't do a better pass with a lineman in my face. I can't do a better pass standing there with no one in my face. I've never played QB for any official team at any level, but that really isn't the point, is it? He's being paid at, and expected to compete at an incredibly high level. Excuses are fine for high school players. When you're in the big leagues, you can either get it done or you can't. Everyone knows that it's really hard to do.

I really don't think I'd even qualify as a "hater," I'm trying to be specific and on point to this one performance, and I just don't think that that pass was good enough. Sorry. Was it good enough for you? He didn't catch it. How many times out of 10 do you think White catches that ball? How many times out of ten do you think Westbrook would catch that ball (to use a better example where the RB couldn't be blamed.)? I'd say Lendale catches that 2 out of 10 times, and even Westbrook only catches it 4 out of 10. Not good enough. Sorry.

On the bigger picture, how can anyone on here criticize without being a hater, or support without being a fanboy? If we talk about one series, or one game, or one play, then the other side emphasizes that it's only a small example. If we look at it overall, then we're making generalizations.

We'll see what ends up happening, but I don't think it's illegit for someone to look specifically at the preseason performance and say that it alone is a negative. There's time to improve, and we'll get a larger statistical sample, but that game was not good enough.

3. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

It's crazy how sure you sound. Do you know who are starting QB is? Kerry Collins is a good backup. There a reason he has been bounced around the entire league. Inconsistency, just like everyone says about young. Here's a fact: collins has never had back to back good seasons. So since your psychic and all knowing. Tell me how well Collins will play this season, and don't forget to add in his past of giving up loads of turnovers. Just like were all doing with Vince. Your acting like we have Peyton manning at qb. Kerry is not a lock for the starting job either.

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Time for a lesson in physics it seems.
    The D lineman I'm assuming is about 6'3"-6'4" or taller. If he puts his hands up in the air when Vince tries to throw it over his head, one of two things is going to happen, 1. if he gives it a little bit of zip, the D lineman stands a good chance of batting it away. 2. if he puts too much touch on it, another defenseman could possibly try to snag it OR, it gives the defenseman a little more time to head towards LW and give him a good pop.
    Rich Gannon use to use a sidearm throw to create passing lanes around defensemen. I'm thinking that's what Vince did.

So are the defensive lineman whose job it is to sack him, and otherwise prevent him from making a good throw. You do know that's one of the duties of a D linemen, don't you? What's your point?

:irked:
    Who the hell is blaming the RB for this? Vince had to get the ball out quickly. LW didn't expect it so quickly.
    Now, whether choosing to throw to LW on that play was his best option is another debate entirely. But given that he made the decision to throw to LW, and how the defense almost blew the play up, ON THAT SPECIFIC PLAY, Vince did probably the best he could with the situtation at hand.
    Now, that being said; doesn't in anyway hint at consistency and accuracy. It's just an analysis of one play.

By ceasing to say 'he sucks', or 'he's awesome'.
    It seems like some of you have no clue what constructive criticism is. "he sucks" is not an example of constructive criticism. It's a generalized opinionated statement.

But the other side is right. Talking about one play is only a small example. I didn't realize we couldn't break it down to one single play. My bad.

You are right, based on that lone performance, it wasn't good enough. But...isn't this kinda what the preseason is for? To knock off the rust and cobwebs?

5. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

TCB i didnt read any of your posts (way too many of them)

but id bet they are wrong

lol

6. cWb10

cWb10 Practice Squad

thanks for posting this, I didnt get to watch the game since I had to work.
    I'm a big VY fan, so this was cool to watch. After seeing the footage some of those passes looked like drops to me.
    I am sure he'll get alot more game time SAT. v.s the Bucs.

7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Feel free to start a poll to the effect of: who makes more inaccurate/untruthful posts, TBC or Pacman 4 HOF

You might find the results suprising (and disappointing).

8. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

Did you see the linebacker that got to White almost as soon as the ball arrived? Given that, what do you think happens if Vince floats or puts some touch on that pass instead of trying to gun it in to Lendale....pick 6.

The dumpoff on the screen to Henry was innacurate but there wasn't much else to do on the pass to Lendale. Given how that linebacker closed on Lendale Vince could have just been trying to throw the ball away at Lendale's feet to avoid a sack, and he wasn't outside the pocket so he couldn't throw it away.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I've mentioned that quite a few times. What's worse is, that's the exact same blitz that came the play before- and he didn't see it the 2nd time in a row even though it hurried him on the last throw.

So not only did he not read the obvious blitz...he never even looked that direction. But this was the 2nd time in a row that he did it. On the exact same look.

He's just not mentally there.

10. Waylander

Waylander Tongue tied and twisted.

Ahhh. This is fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar