VY 10 pass attempts video. Judge for yourself

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

;)

You can choose to see me as one of two things... pessimist or a realist. You make the pick. There's a lot of pessimism in realism... why post if you aren't speaking of reality? Vince sucks. That sounds negative! Oh, but it's true!

My name?
    My name shows how much I dislike the Ravens. Do you like them?

My avatar?
    Again, shows how much I dislike the Ravens. Aren't you glad that they've prevented us from winning two Super Bowls?

My signature?
    That's not supposed to be negative. It's a memory that this franchise has had to live with. It's been nearly 10 years now, and we've yet to make it back to the Super Bowl... the point of the signature is that it's only a matter of time.

My posts?
    If you look only at my posts about VY, I bet I'll look negative... but if you can avoid being a complete homer, you will admit that I'm right on par on a lot of things.

2. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Well then, maybe he can play safety for us.

3. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

If I can make that throw better than Vince did, will you back me as starting QB for the Titans no matter how poorly I play from that point on?:wink2:

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I'll be so happy next season when all we hear about Young is how well he preformed in the arena league.

Look how much space this guy wastes talking on and on about a BACKUP QB. Simple facts. Collins is our starter no matter how well Young performs in preseason period. Young is fighting for a #2 spot on this team. Unless Collins goes down Young does not even get to sniff the grass unless we are blowing out a team or in week 17 and we already have playoffs clinched. At the end of the season unless he goes to league minimum and even then I think it is 50 50 he will not be on this team. Stop wasting brain power on a backup that has little to no chance of being on the team next season.

5. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

Why don't you lead by example.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

If you watch the video, on the roll-outs, Vince holds the ball way too long, he almost waits until he gets squared up with the reciever. He needs to let that ball go once he gets outside the tackle, not once he gets to the sideline. He kills the route and gives the DB ample time to come back into the play. Both times the DB makes the play and the only reason it isn't picked off is because neither the WR or DB can make a play on the ball. If he releases the ball earlier, Hawkins can keep the DB on his back and use his body to sheild, also giving Vince the sideline cushion to place the ball. But once he throws it, the sideline has already been eaten up and it's a disaster waiting to happen, luckily he throws a dirt ball. Those are timing routes, the ball is gone at the cut, not once your guy is waiting at the sideline. That's high school.

As for the others, you cannot throw the ball low and behind LenDale when he's running full speed away from you, he will not make the catch. Nor can you throw the ball over Chris Henry's head on a screen pass. these are RBs we're talking about, they have a hard enough time catching passes, you have to put it in their basket. His completions were 1st reads, he didn't look anyone off or go through any progressions, he just threw it to his 1st read at the snap with the exception to Stevens. If this was the first time I had seen him and you told me he was a rookie, I'd be ok. If you told me this was his 4th year and he was the #3 Overall Pick, i'd say he's in danger of being cut.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

If I thought you could, with a 280 lb DE coming after you, maybe. But as far as any other passes go, no. Especially considering that I've already said that I was arguing that one particular throw.
    Nowhere on this site have you seen me make posts or arguments against his inconsistency, inaccuracy, footwork or maturity level, all of which he does need to improve.

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Because I am tired of sifting through four pages of BS threads about how great a QB Young is while he has proven how bad he sucks time in and time out just to read about actual STARTERS on this team. In the history of message boards I bet no backup QB has ever got the attention this guy has.

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I see some slight apology for Vince's play here and there, but I haven't seen anyone blatantly say how great he is. Even the huggers realize he needs improvement.

And if you're tired of sifting through four pages, no one is putting a firearm to your head and forcing you to click on the thread title in the forum list. Just sayin.

10. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

Don't you think that he is weighing his option rather to run or throw it? What if the guy is covered when he first looks at him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar