VY 10 pass attempts video. Judge for yourself

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

You didn't have a choice, it's your fault he's in this mess in the first place :grrhee:

2. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

his little 5 yard screen passes were way too innacurate for a good QB to be throwing. yes they may have been catchable, but the lendale play, hes supposed to lead him there and let him pick up some yard. he throws it behind. the Chen play, hes standing still, not a moving target, and het throws it over his head.

also, his "good throw to to lavellle cuz hes the only one that could catch it". theres like 3 DBs in that area. not a good choice.

most of the completions where easy easy plays. like a 7 yard hook route to his first look. or a slant to his first look.

props for the TD pass tho

3. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

That's what I've been saying.
    While it won't guarantee his passing/decisions to turn the corner, if he is going to turn the corner at all, he MUST first get his mindset together and streamline it. Once he does that, then the game should slow down for him to be able to manage it. Once he can manage the game w/o getting frazzled, THEN he should be comfortable and confident to go through his reads.
    But none of that will happen if he doesn't 'grow up'.

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Jesus H Christ. Am I honestly the only MF on this board who saw a defender in Vince's face when he pitched that to LW?
    I'd like to see YOU make a better throw in a hurry with a defensive end coming to get you. He COULDN'T lead Lendale on that pass because the DE was in that passing lane. Had he thrown a more leading, catchable pass, the DE could have easily knocked it down, or picked it.

Once again, placing all the blame on Vince (while he does deserve some, he doesn't deserve all of it) even though his WR ran the wrong route.

:rolleyes:

5. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Yea that was a 2006 VY tackle lol, i loved it. But seriously it did mean something, he didn't just throw it and get off the field. He threw it then chased donw the ball to keep the team from giving away points.

And i'm not worried about his running. Dinger said he saw a play where he thought Vince should run, and said it will come. So that's good enough for me

6. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

im not talkin bout the pick. im talkin about the ball that vincy threw low and to the sidelines.

7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Was that one to Hawk as well?
    For some reason, I thought that was the only pass thrown Hawk's way.
    If it was, my bad. I thought you were talking about the pick.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He had a defender in his face? Well, that changes EVERYTHING! NFL QBs shouldn't be expected to pass with a d-lineman rushing them!

Ok, I can't keep up that tone. Yes, he's under pressure on several passes, but that shouldn't keep him from making some of these simple throws. He had several decent passes this game, and one really great one, but he had quite a few that just didn't get the job done.

You can put all the blame on the QB, or you can make all kinds of excuses for it. However, the easiest way to look at it is to look at the pass itself and make a judgment without taking into account the result. Yes, Henry missed the one that hit his fingers, but it requires argument to say that it was a catchable ball. Yes, Lendale could have caught that first one, but the throw put it in an awkward place. Look a the passes individually, there are quite a few that were either in the wrong place, or too fast or too slow for the receiver.

I completely agree with Gloat and TJ's assessments. I don't think people are trying to say that he's horrible (other than the few people in the beginning of the thread that posted long paragraphs about things that had nothing to do with this game), but just that he's not getting the job done. Hopefully, he improves, but let's not look at that outing through too much rose colored tint.

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

He may very well have made a few that didn't get the job done, but in case you didn't notice, at this point, I'm only arguing the LW pass in the flats, and the pick where Hawk ran the wrong route.

As far as this crap goes.."NFL QBs shouldn't be expected to pass with a d-lineman rushing them!"
    A lineman rushing the QB is one thing, a lineman that is within a step and a half of him is another.
    And what part about 'the lineman was right in the best passing lane for VY to throw to LW' eludes your acute perception?
    He threw the ball as if he was trying to get rid of it. If you paid attention, you'd realize that if he had held on to the ball even a split second longer, he would have been on his back.
    If you don't realize that QBs aren't going to pass as accurately with a lineman 'in their face' (not just rushing them), then there may not be much hope for you. Just stating the facts.

And let's not look at that outing whilst drunk on Haterade either.

10. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

First of all...let's all admit that we don't necessarily trust Lendale with screen passes. Can we all agree on that one? I remember several times last year where Lendale dropped outlet passes. One game...he was booed for it...i think it was the Jets game.

So all of this debate has inspired me to post KC's pass attempts. Now, I want to see the same critical analysis of his throws as compared to VY. I think you all will be surprised a bit. I'm just thinking of two throws right now. The pass to Gage on 3rd and 15. The play made the first down but the ball was thrown low to the ground that Gage had to dig up. He threw one of the quick outlet pass to Washington high but Nate was able to catch it. The "missed interception"...he never saw the linebacker.

Let me clarify, I think KC is the better option but I want to see if people use the same standards for VY throws versus KC throws. Hopefully, I can get it done tonight.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar