VY 10 pass attempts video. Judge for yourself

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I got a kick out of the "Vince made the read" when he was completely oblivious to the same blitz 2 times in a row. The guy just launched the ball. There was no thought behind it other than "OH SH**!".

3. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I swear you could make so much money. I mean you must be a mind reader right?

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Unless you're also a mind reader, can you really say he's wrong? To me, it looked like the pressure got to Vince, and same ol' Vince just tossed it up and prayed.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It doesn't take anything special to see that Vince isn't the brightest of football players. You guys are analyzing it far too much trying to protect the guy.

Walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and throws like a duck- it's a duck.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

but Vince doesn't _______ like a duck

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I feel like pointing out that there wasn't necesarily anything wrong with the decision to throw it to Hawkins. Hawkins was 1on1 with the DB, and with pressure coming then it's a good decision, just a poor throw.

And to the people saying throw into the blitz: how do you know they didn't roll coverage to that side? Throwing blindly into a blitz is the worst thing you could do.

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

The DB jumped over a foot in the air and his hands were about a foot over the his helmet. If he only jumped like you said, then he really wouldn't have had to jump for it, now would he?
    Do I need to screen shot it and post it to yet again show how ignorant you are?
    Not that I'm wrong by any means, but even the way you explained it still puts the ball in Hawks midsection 2-3 steps past where the DB JUMPED up to get it.
    And before you ever correct me or anyone else on this board again, try some capitalization, punctuation and grammar. Hard to take someone seriously who seems to have just a 3rd grade education, and types like she's texting her BFF.

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

The same exact thing could be said of your posts, as it doesn't take anything special to see that your posts aren't the brightests of posts.
    If it posts like a duck, it's a duck.
    Just like you are analyzing it too much to hang the guy.

Stay classy, Deuce.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

My take...

I won't address each and every play...

But here's what we did see that was positive.

VY threw some accurate balls with zip (ala the 7yd hitch).

VY threw an accurate ball with touch (ala the TD pass on a slant-flag pattern).

VY read the defense and checked down to different receivers.

VY didn't throw the ball carelessly (he kept his sideline throws low and outside).

VY didn't quit (ala the ball that was intercepted cuz Hawkins didn't run the right route). In fact, in a bad situation, he hustled downfield and made a big hit. FYI, the refs should have called holding, PI or at least illegal contact on the DE 'blocking' Stevens on the play.

After last year, a lot of people didn't think he could do the above. And considering they've only been in camp for 10 days, didn't put in any offensive scheme for him or gameplan the Bills, this was a nice first outting despite what the stats look like. Stats don't always tell the story (ala no one just reading stats would know that KC hit a LB in the hands with a pass...which was fortunately dropped).

Does VY still need improvement? Of course, but there were a lot of positives to take away from the first game....both physically and mentally. Now we'll see if he can build on this.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar