Vrabel fires most of Titans staff

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Jan 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I agree. All those 4th quarter comebacks where not because of coaching strategy but because MM8 had to carry the team and the coaches to victory. All Mularkey and Co. could do is stand there looking like idiots.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
  2. Statz916

Statz916 Starter

You can probably add Jim Harbaugh too. He took the 49ers to 3 consecutive playoff appearances, then went 8-8 to miss the playoffs and was fired after that. Before Harbaugh got there in 2011, they havent made playoffs since 2002

3. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Like I have said about my personal friend Jon R., just trust him! He wanted ALL those bums out of there once he was hired (he told me) for the GM job, buy Amy didn't allow him to clean house then. Amy allowed Jon to make a decision on Mike, and he fired him, hired another Mike, and that Mike pretty much gutted the staff.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

But how much “less talent” was there?
    Davis- injured
    Jackson- up and down

5. skitch

Your “friend” got what he wanted.....but looks a little shady in how he went about it.

6. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

On offense, not a lot, but there was a difference if used correctly. 2016 WR core was Matthews, Sharp (R) and Walker. The difference was Murray being fresh most the year. The run game masked the scheme. 2017 had Matthews, Decker, Davis (R, half season), Taylor, Walker and Smith (R). With the additions to the passing game, and an ineffective Murray, they continued to use jumbo sets and run into stacked boxes. At the end of the year he said Robiskie did a good job, and he didn't expect any staff or scheme changes.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

MM having another year under his belt alone should have resulted in an improvement in the passing offense. People have fond memories of Sharpe, but Decker was a significant improvement and a much more efficient Target.

I'm not sure how productive Taylor and a healthy Davis should have been, but they shouldn't have struggled nearly as much as they did. They were commended for having advanced skills for college WRs, such as beating press coverage, varying route speeds, field awareness and strong route running in general. These guys were vetted and interviewed prior to the draft, so I'm sure Robinson would have known that they were mentally incapable before spending such capital on them. He seems to avoid the dumb ones

8. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

[​IMG]

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. skitch

He knew he was a goner before that press conference....so he wasn’t going to announce any changes. What would be the point?

10. skitch

But yet both Taylor and Davis struggled....and it wasn’t due to coaching. Rookies learning the NFL is much different than college.
    MM was not healthy for the majority of the year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar