Vote for Your Favorite Head Coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewHorizans, Jan 7, 2014.

?
  1. Ken Whisenhunt (OC Chargers)

26.5%
  2. Jay Gruden (OC Bengals)

17.3%
  3. Mike Zimmer (DC Bengals)

41.8%
  4. Jim Caldwell (OC Ravens)

3.1%
  5. Dan Quinn (DC Seahawks)

4.1%
  6. Darrell Bevell (OC Seahawks)

21.4%
  7. Rich Bisaccia (SpTeams Cowboys)

9.2%
  8. James Franklin (HC Vanderbilt)

8.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanBlazer

TitanBlazer Starter

Norm Chow!

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Well, technically yes.. but considering that Football is a North American sport almost exclusively, pretty much only black and white people play/coach football. You will occasionally find a Mexican, Asian, or more likely a native Samoan or something.. but it's pretty much black or white 99 percent of the time. Asians are really rare.

I just don't think football will ever be a big thing in asia, Africa, Europe, etc. So we will probably never see it become a worldwide phenomenon like Soccer, baseball or hockey to a lesser extent.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Correct, but the rule being as it is, wouldn't it be satisfied if a team interviewed say a Norm Chow instead of a Jim Caldwell? But obviously the rule was created because league was tired of no black coaches ever getting a shot.

4. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

How come the really boring sports always appeal to the world market so much more....?

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Easy.

Cost and ease of play.

Football and Hockey are equipment and knowledge intensive.

a child from any country can learn to run around and kick a ball, with no need to really learn a ton of rules.
    A kid living in a shack in Africa can do it, and someone living in Russia can do it.

Hockey.. you have to live in an icy climate, or be rich enough to afford to go to a skate rink, or at least buy skates.

Soccer just takes a ball. That's why it's huge everywhere. As a kid, you can play 2 on 2 if you wanted to.

Football takes a lot of people, plus it's a moderately new sport. The Red Wings were playing well before football we know it was in existence.

Plus, Americans have developed a patience for all the stopping and starting after every play.. which can lead to a boring game if it's Titans football. At least Soccer, while I find it boring, is constantly moving.

Football is an American cultural thing, and contrary to Goodell.. I think expansion outside of N America is a losing proposition. It's just got no appeal to other audiences. They have their sports already.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. NewHorizans

I know why sports like baseball and soccer might seem boring when compared to football, but you have to remember. Football one of the most expensive sports from a pure equipment standpoint. All those pads and helmets for 60 player teams add up. So that takes out ALL the poor countries that have made soccer their main sport, where you don't even need shoes to play, JUST a ball. You can create a goal out of two items yard apart.

From there, you have the size aspect, after the men in most these countries grow up, they are just not big enough to compete on a national level. They would only be able to compete within their country itself, since it already cost too much, they don't get brought up with the sport.

Baseball is older and more established around the world than football. Also doesn't require as much equipment, (more than soccer) but still no where near as much as football.

The final reason is the USA as a whole LOVE sports with anticipation. Last second score to win the game. Happens in Football, Baseball, and Basketball. (all the most popular sports in USA). If you talk to people from other countries, they will tell you they enjoy the difficulty to score in Soccer. Lots of games end in a tie or low score like 1-0 or 2-1. BUT it never stops, players keep running and running and running for 90 mins with small break for halftime. The athletes have to be a TOP shape to compete, unlike some of the O-line in the NFL.

7. NewHorizans

I love how we just said the exact same thing only worded dfiferently

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Greg Roman should be on the list.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

My preference would be Zimmer, Whiz or Bevell.

Greg Roman should be on that list.

10. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I really like Bisaccia there is something about him i think he would be an interesting choice.He seems like a really good motivator and gets the best out of his players and there are plenty of players and ex coaches including Jon Gruden who he coached with in Tampa and really think he could be good if given a shot.

I also like Zimmer a whole lot.The man is full of fire and always gets the most out of his players.He consistently fields top ten defenses and his players seem to give everything they have for him.I think he would be a good coach if given a proper chance.

I also like Bevell from the Seahawks who has never coached but is doing a great job with his side of the ball.He also coached Brett Favre at one point as well.I think he could be a good choice.

Ken Wisenhunt could also do well although i am concerned because after Warner left he couldn't find a QB or get the Cards on the winning track.

I do like Greg Roman he would be my top choice.I think he could do wonders for our offense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar