Volek's Future?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tennessee, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

bamaboy are you using the fact that one guy is starting/displaced determine who is better in this "logic" tree ya got going? You using Passer Rating? Height? what is your criteria?

Collins is starting because of clubhouse politics, Collins ain't better than Volek right now. Course I ain't claiming Volek is better than Collins either my point is there was no competition that Collins won and he is better than Volek.

Brooks is kinda the same in that he is a high priced - relative to the backups in Oakland - FA acquisition and like Collins was handed the job without meaningful competition.

Was rookie Frye in a similar situation to rookie Collins?

Your obsession with passer rating is destroying your argument. Passer rating shows which QB is the most effecient pocket passer not whic QB is best. I say W-L is a better indicator of who is best, but the QB don't play D.

bottom line the whole "better QB" thing is subjective and your "logic" is suspecious at best.

2. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I should heed your wise advise myself. I've just been arguing with a lot of people that seem to think Coach Fisher forgot how to coach.

Fisher/Titans haters can kiss my :moon2: :moon2: :moon2: ...

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Collins did not play well enough to win, unless you are crediting him with those missed FGs and the missed PAT that kept 7 points off the board.

Collins was stinkin' LP field up pretty badly. The fact that the Titans were tied with 6:00ish left in the game is an illusion.

The JETS stomped their guts out for 45 minutes.

As an aside the fans were spot on all day. About the only positive from the game was that the Titans did not quite - YEAH! and the Tennessee fans again showed that they know their football.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Do you suffer from Narcissism?

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

this is the way im looking at it.

if teflon drew(thanks brian) catches those two deep balls we score at least two field goals. that means we're down by one with 40 seconds left in the game and we're on their 12 yard line. we kick the field goal and win by two...assuming we dont give up a 75 yard drive in 35 seconds.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Fisher apparently forgot something about coaching cause he not only started that loser Collins he kept him in on the deciding drive, then to compund the decision he kept him in in the redzone when there were more dynamic options available to him.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I get your point, but that is one huge assumption at the end - lol

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Volek-collins-brooks

Career passing rating..
    Volek--- 86.9
    Brooks--79.6
    Collins--73.5

TD to int ratio
    Volek---2.0
    Brooks--1.42
    Collins--1.02

Pass attempts / TDs
    Volek--19.8
    Brooks--23.2
    Collins--27.5

Pass attempts /int
    Volek--39.7
    Brooks-33.1
    Collins--30.4

Did you logical thinkers understand the last 2 stats? Collins needs 8 more pass attempts to produce a Td but 9 fewer to produce an int than billy volek. :sad2:

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

look, obviously volek did something to make the coaches uncomfortable with him being the starter. whether it be preperation or his attitude towards vince or whatever.

i really do think they were prepared to go with volek until he got injured or until vince was ready.

thats something stats wont tell us. i know what you're thinking "stats not telling the whole story? impossible!" but thats the way it is in this situation.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

career passing attempts

Collins - 5120
    Brooks - 2785
    Volek - 517

:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar