Volek's $1 Million Salary Guaranteed if on Roster Sunday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdfan

mdfan Starter

titancentral.net has a salary cap chart. Of course it's not up to date (it's as of june 14) but it can give you a balllpark

2. http://nflpa.org/Resources/ActivePlayerSearch.aspx

The NFL Players Association has some of that info on their site. It has base salaries year by year throughout the contract. But there are no bonuses listed or salary cap figures.

As mdfan said JTB (on titanscentral) does the best job of keeping track of that, even though it isn't official and he gets some wrong occasionally.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:notworth: :super: :notworth: :super:

4. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I personally think, if Volek doesn't start that is, that he is a waste of money IMHO. Kerry Collins will be starting, and I think Vince Young will learn a lot from him, and will be ready to go in when needed. Fisher said Young will be the #2 Qb no matter what, so what good is it to have Volek 3rd string emergency qb. We could save money, or we could trade him.

5. In the end, we are not going to spend all of our cap room. It's Bud's money to spend, so I imagine that he's the guy who will make the final decision on whether to keep Volek (either as a backup or just as trade bait) or just cut him.

6. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Floyd Reese was on George Plaster's radio show this evening and he said, "Billy will receive that bonus if he is still on the team at kickoff." He said it in a strange way. It would be crazy, but why cut him or trade him on opening day? I guess they are trying to do to Billy what they did to Steve and keep him tied up until the very last minute.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I can't see us cutting him. Either trade him for whatever we can get or keep him as security.

Heck he may even start.

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

But if he's not here on Sunday, I'm a genius. Heck, I'm a genius either way....:brow: Brains and beauty.:wink2:

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

yes....you keep thinking that. :kiss:

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Matt Mauck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar