Volek either getting ready to start or auditioning!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan Yapper, Dec 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan Yapper

Titan Yapper Only ONE Team Matters - TN Titans

Brother Billy is either auditioning for other NFL Teams (trade bait) or showing what he can do as a Titan starter. Which is it?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:stupid:

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Based on his performance of late... I would say not much of either.

5. Probably both/either but the way he's been playing it might turn into watching NFL on DirectTV.

6. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

if they are truley committed into bringing Steve back, then this is trade bait.

7. We probably can't trade him. We either keep him and give him a $4.5M in bonuses or we cut him. We'll cut him, IMHO.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

why cant we trade him?

9. Here's a quote from a recent Tennessean article:
    Assuming the option bonus comes due on March 1 (which is likely), we wouldn't be able to trade him before then. If we don't sign him to the bonus then he'll be a free agent (presumably). If we do, then he'll have a no-trade clause.

10. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

If they worked a deal to a team where he felt like he could start, I think Volek would approve it. Actually, I think there's a fair chance they'll just keep him unless they plan on drafting a quarterback early in the draft.

Volek hasn't set the world on fire this season, but there are some really sketchy quarterbacks starting in this league right now. I think you could make a case that he's better than some of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar