Volek Continues to Look for Opportunities

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: After six NFL seasons, Titans backup QB Billy Volek know his career path may soon change. "The Titans have a big decision in March, what to do with the quarterback position," said Volek. "They know what I can do. I know I can be a starter. ... If they decide to keep me, one way or the other I have to be OK with that because I am under contract with them. But if they don't I have to go out there and have a fun time with a quarterback-needed market." Volek knows his future will be decided based on what the Titans work out with Steve McNair in upcoming weeks. It is also impacted with who the Titans take in the upcoming NFL Draft. Volek has an option in his contract which pays him $4 million and adds the 2008 season to the end of his current contract. If the Titans don't pay the option, they could still keep Volek under contract by paying him a $500,000 roster bonus in March. They'd have to pay him another $500,000 roster bonus in March 2007 to keep him around for the '07 season. Volek is scheduled to make base salaries of $1 million in 2006 and $1.25 million in 2007.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. TitanBlitz

TitanBlitz Camp Fodder

Things sure will get interesting if Young declares...

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Encourage Rosenhaus to test the trade market. We need to recover our 3rd round pick. Mauck looked bad but McNair will be back and hopefully we'll get Young.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm sure Rosenhaus needs no encouragement.

5. Vince Young is a monster, we have to draft that guy, I think he is the one that can replace McNair, I think Leinart is not what we need.

6. TitanBlitz

TitanBlitz Camp Fodder

I would not have a problem with Lienart...He was a solid 29-40 with 365-1-1 in the Rose Bowl...Not bad vs. a very solid Longhorn D. BUT, that being said and with the fact that McNair is practically kin to Young, he would be a fantastic pick!:))

7. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

"Next Question!":)

8. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Let's keep in mind Leinart has had two great 'seasons'.

Vince Young just played the best 'game' in the history of college football.

We can't miss at #3.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I agree, Brian. That should be the new mantra. "We can't miss at #3."

10. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Is Volek's record as a starter not 2 and 11? I hope he is gone for sure this season hurt him, he looked bad. I just hope and pray we could get a 3rd round pick out of the Jets, we should have traded him to them earlier. He thinks he is better than what he is! He had a chance to be a starter before he signed his last deal but nobody wanted him as a starter only a back up. He is Kelly Holcombe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar