Visitors

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sonic28, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

2. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

Exactly. What kind of cop turns someone in for disorderly conduct? Thats hardly a crime.

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Porter > Gay

Hope we sign Porter & Wimbley. Gay is just awful, and Anderson has been non existent his entire NFL career.

4. gran54

gran54 Starter

Seems like we almost have Wimbley wrapped up on his 5 year deal. Wouldn't mind Tracy Porter and Joel Dreessen (lose Stevens) as well. Not a big fan of Jamal Anderson or Jeff Saturday. Don't really know a whole lot about William Gay and are we still looking at Mark Anderson or no? Just curious. Wouldn't mind getting both Wimbley and M Anderson. We need to add depth because again, there's only 2 DE's on the roster right now.

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Stevens was just signed, he isn't going anywhere.

I don't think we'd sign M Anderson & Wimbley. Wimbley, Morgan & 1st round draft pick will be our 3 top DE's. M Anderson is too good to be 4th DE on the roster.

Tracy Porter would be a nice signing.

6. gran54

gran54 Starter

Stevens is wishful thinking on my part.

Wouldn't mind M Anderson just to add more depth and get a good rotation going. Morgan/Wimbley/Anderson/1st rounder. Pass rush is how you win in this league and we could definitely use depth at DE.

I am a fan of Porter, bigger guy and would help us IMO.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

If M Anderson came at 3 mil or less per season, I would do it. I don't think he'll come that cheap though.

Finalizing a Wimbley signing tomorrow would be great. Tracy Porter would be the icing on the cake.

Think about it, we set out this off-season to improve the OL & DL. Replacing Scott with Hutchinson and we've already got better at OL, even if Amano returns at C.

On the DL, Wimbley would likely be more productive at DE than Jones was and as long as our 1st round DE doesn't bust, we've improved the DL also.

We got worse in the secondary but an improved DL will mask that.

8. gran54

gran54 Starter

I agree with you there. Pressure can make a mediocre secondary look pretty good. I just wanna get back to a consistent pass rush again.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't think the defense will be bad at all next year. Assuming we sign Wimbley, another filler, and a 1st you have...

Wimbley- real good pass rusher
    Filler- could be Anderson or someone like that, cheap but effective
    Morgan- not a bust but has had some tough breaks, when healthy he has looked good
    1st round pick- hoping Nick Perry, will be a very good pass rusher

Then you look at LB's. Ayers and McCarthy will only improve and Witherspoon has another year left of being a solid starter.

The DB's are a little bit more tricky. The safety position will be alright, hopefully Griffin starts looking like a pro bowler again and Babs is a decent starter. At CB, McCourty has talent and Verner has shown flashes of being a starting CB in the NFL. I think adding a #3 CB who can be a good player in the rotation would be the best move. Porter comes to mind or drafting Hosley in the 2nd.

10. 520titan

520titan Special Teams Standout

trust me...i love me some finnegan...but i wouldnt say our secondary got worse. verner and mccourty should be great. member mccourty came into his own this year and verner shall do the same next year! plus griff seems motivated..if for notihng less than a good contract next year..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar