Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by OswegoTitan41, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Vince's speed makes him less of an injury threat, then say, and immoble qb like Carson Palmer. I think the fact that running qb's are more susceptible to injury is an illusion. Especially for Vince, because you will often see him go untouched. And that has been his history. Even in the Rose Bowl, he was barely hit and he accumulated almost 500 total yards. He wasn't even touched on the final td of that game. Nor on many of the Titan's Touchdowns. He's just too fast to be hit cleanly.

2. Hooky Hornstein

Hooky Hornstein Camp Fodder

About Vince Young, Chip Brown of the Dallas Morning News just published an article on Vince Young and his affect on the Titans.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/071107dnspobrown.396fe41.html

Some of the quotes and references have been seen before, but I thought Sloan Thomas and Eddie George made some good points that I hadn't seen before.

Excerpts by Thomas - Most of the receivers who did the workouts with me were like, 'Leinart is going to be the guy.' 'I said, 'Don't be so sure.' And then after we did both workouts, the receivers were like, 'Man, that Vince Young has a presence.

Coach Fisher got around Vince and his whole demeanor changed.

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

great article, Hooky... not sure I like to be reminded that it takes a newspaper in Houston, Dallas, or Tampa Bay to give Titans fans any decent articles on their players. But that's another story for another day...

4. Hawk

Hawk Camp Fodder

Chip Brown has a HUGE man-crush on Vince. Chip covers Texas sports for the DMN, and he has had various radio gigs in Austin (He knows more about Longhorn sports than 99% of the media). Anyway, it's no surprise he wrote an article like this about Vince, he followed Vince's whole career at Texas very closely, and he always gushes over Vince to the point where he often sounds just like the legions of annoying Texas fans that have swamped Titans message boards since Vince was drafted.

Of course, these are all the reasons why he's one of my favorite sports writers! :))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar