Vince Young vs Jay Cutler: What We've All Been Waiting For

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by deeluxx3, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

Which of those two was the rookie of the year last year? Oh, that's right, the player for your own team. Were you even the least bit pleased? It sounds to me like you probably were not.

I understand not having to fall in love with a player your team drafts, but you don't have to hate him either. And especially not for a pudgy QB from Vanderbilt who spent his whole career passing for yardage in games that were already lost, who was merely a yeoman in the SEC--and who the Bronco fans are undoubtedly going to run off in 3 or 4 years. Because he's average.

And I find it difficult to believe you will be rooting for Vince to outperform Cutler on Mon. Maybe you will be. Or you'll be rooting for your opinion to be accurate.

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

10 to 1, Cutler gets more pressure on him than Vince, and still has a better night. Cutler has worse recievers, and still has a better night. We run the ball better, and squeak out an ugly win. Vince still leaves many questions unanswered, while Cutler doesn't do anything amazing, he shows a good arm and makes all the throws.

3. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Brandon Stokley,Brandon Marshall,Javon Walker, Daniel Graham. I wouldn't call them worse.

4. Nine

Nine Starter

Don't forget TE Tony Scheffler, who developed a very good rapport with Cutler last year. I understand that he's had some injuries this year, but the guy can make plays.

5. Bullucklb53

Bullucklb53 Guest

Would you mind telling me one Titan receiver that is anywhere near as good as Javon Walker or Brandon Marshall? I would love to hear it.

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

None. But Walker hasnt played since week 3, and is questionable for this week.

7. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Guest

our receiving core consists of players who are not performing at a NFL level, and who didnt perform great at a college level. We seem to have guys who do nothing in college, and we try to make them good NFL receivers.:bonk2:

8. Zephyr

Zephyr Sec 139

Walker has played 2 games this season, Scheffler just came back from injury a few weeks back...Denvers O line is busted up, The Cut hasnt had much talent around him.

Brandon Marshall was a 4th round pick last season, whos to say the reason he is doing so much better than our recent 3rd-4th round WRs are because he gets accurate passes delivered to him? I would love to see the QBs switch weapons for a few games and bury this "our recievers suck" argument. They just need a good QB.

9. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Or its simply because of the fact that Brandon Marshall has unbelieveable size-speed combo and has some of the better balance out of a lot of the receivers in the league.

But I mean...whatever, because the round you were drafted in means everything.

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Marshall is probably better than all of our receivers. But if anyone has watched Young or Cutler this year, nobody can say that Vince throws the ball better, or as well as Cutler. Now, its just both of their second seasons, so I hardly think this game is some kind of defining moment for either in regards to as who will be the better QB, or as to what kind of careers they will have. But from a pure QB standpoint, Cutler most certainly looks better right now. Obviously in saying that, Vince can also do a lot of things Cutler cant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar