Vince Young suspected of assault

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Awkward

Dr.Awkward Camp Fodder

LOL after seeing the you tube clip I personally dont care about this story anymore. This is such a nonisssue. Class three misdo is about as low as it gets.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I agree that the act itself wasn't that bad. What concerns me is that this truly is a sign that Vince just doesn't "get it" (and I've been a big VY defender here). If the other guy had been talking about Vince's mom or something then at least that would be somewhat understandable. But it seriously only takes a simple hand gesture disrespecting the Longhorns to cause Vince to lunge at someone? Disappointing is all I can say.

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

It's unnecessary drama, if he's going to be the "franchise qb" then this bs should not be happening, I don't care how petty it is. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone else act like a child this offseason..first CJ, then VY..next?

4. Dr.Awkward

Dr.Awkward Camp Fodder

I think unfair to say vy lunged at someone solely bc of hand sign. That may have just been the tipping point. We have no idea what was said or done prior to the video. Further we dontdont know what was even said during the video

5. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

If he wasn't an NFL quarterback, there would not have even been a citation.

A 25 year old threw a punch at a guy that was talking stuff. I'm shocked.

6. Dr.Awkward

Dr.Awkward Camp Fodder

I agree to some degree. All things being equal, id rather this not happen. But you know? For me, I don't expect NFL players to sit home or be practicing 24/7. I also understand that trouble finds famous people. It's easy to say that you and I don't have problems staying out trouble. But we are not public figures worth millions of dollars. Nor can someone get famous or rich simply by pushing our proverbial buttons

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah- but he is. In fact, a well paid one. He shouldn't be showing up in the news for fighting at a tittie bar. If he is going to go to one- be mature enough to lay low. Don't go making news. Big water head.

Reporters were kind to not comment on alcohol levels- but I'm bettting that surfaces soon. Also, I bet we're about to hear the old "tarnish the shield" BS from Goodell.

ESPN running the story now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5282771

8. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

The Rusty Smith era has begun. Guess we now realize why we drafted a QB.

9. 24

24 Starter

Front page of CNN! Yeah!

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

These are not the actions of a team leader.

Having seen the video, I now expect some kind of suspension for Vince. There's no way Gooodell can sit back while video of Young acting like an idiotic, spoiled a-hole spreads around the Internet and embarrasses the league. I would guess that Vince will be out for 1-2 games probably, since this is a first offense.

More importantly, I won't be surprised if it means the beginning of the end for Vince in Tennessee.

Let's go Rusty!

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar