Vince Young suspected of assault

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

KFC + Ringer = CHAMPIONSHIP!!! :grrhee:

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

If that happens I'll get a kFC tatoo.

3. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

How is VY going to be suspended if he isn't charged? As far as I remember, he has no prior run ins with the law, which is how Big Ben got suspended.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

A few thoughts that I think are important:

1) ProFootballTalk.com may once have been the TMZ of football, but that is no longer the case. The site is about as good as it gets when it comes to reporting football news. They find a story and certainly milk it for all it's worth (traffic numbers are everything in the blogging world), but they don't really sensationalize any more than print journalists do. Mike Florio is a lawyer and he would not write a post like this unless he was sure that he could back it up with facts and sources. There has to be some substance to this story. I'm not saying Vince beat anyone up, but he put himself in a situation where this kind of story could arise. That alone is very disappointing.

2) It's true that we all need to take a "wait and see" approach to this one because the whole thing could blow over and be forgotten. But if it does blow over, it will blow over because Vince has smart people working for him. It won't blow over because nothing at all happened and the whole thing was fabricated. I'm not saying punches were thrown, but there must have been some kind of altercation. Which brings me to...

3) Vince Young still doesn't seem to fully get it. I hate to say this because I really, really want to see Vince succeed. However, I am just not buying in to the idea that he is some reformed person now. I don't believe that he is the leader the Titans need. He is still getting up on stage at rap concerts. He is still partying. He is evidently going to strip clubs and getting into mysterious altercations. These are not things that I want my franchise quarterback to be doing. Maybe I'm a prude, but I want my QB to be a football nerd. I want him sitting at home thinking only about football and winning, not hitting the clubs trying to be a hotshot. I want a Peyton Manning, a Drew Brees, a Matt Ryan or a Joe Flacco. These guys recognize that they are vulnerable (there's always someone out there trying to get you to take a swing at them so they can sue you) and they don't put themselves in situations where there is any risk of damaging their careers. I am just not sure that Vince will ever be that guy and I don't think he will lead the Titans (or any other team) to the promise land until he becomes that person. I really hope he gets it all together and becomes that guy.

Don't call me a Vince hater. Call me a Vince realist. That is what we all need to be. Let's get past this blind hate and blind support and actually look at things from an objective eye.

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Well this sucks.

But it will be good to get the facts, this could easily be a non story. Or the "assault" could be justified.

6. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

honestly, the more I read this, the more it looks like some guy at the club was talking to him and got his beaten

Probably wouldn't even have a follow-up if it wasnt that he was a professional athlete / celebrity

7. 24

24 Starter

Lol, great.

8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

ehh wats the big deal all of us has gotten into fights before, but just cause its vince the guy was like hey im gonna try and press charges so i can get some money out of it which happens to cause a big deal.....Those guys are p u ssys!!! and its not like he hit a woman or nything like that. Even mcnair got a DUI which i think is way worse then getting in a fight!

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I'm thinking about getting into a fight with Peyton Manning...

10. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

ill join you and we'll split the money haha!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar