Vince Young is sports story of the year by ESPN

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by zackmann, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Drew is the leading receiver on the team. Vince must be really stupid to keep throwing to someone that drops the ball so much......:rolleyes:

2. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

It's not that Drew cannot be a valuable asset--it's that he should be put back at his natural position, which is complementing a receiver with more playmaking ability.

I'm one of the biggest proponents of trying to draft a big-time WR (not FA), so we don't fall into that Atlanta situation where regardless of what you think about the qb [and I think Vick'll never be what people hoped he would be b/c of his mindset], that he would be much more effective--have a much better chance--if his receivers could make plays instead of just playing along. Let's get that out of the way early so it helps VY progress and doesn't become a liability that we can never solve.

But, then again, maybe he can McNabb it with a chain of underwhelming receivers, but we all saw the difference it made when they brought in someone who went after the ball instead of playing along (but I want to draft one and have Vince and the WR grow together--I don't want to do it through FA b/c it seems so rare to find a stud WR w/o having to reach into the diva bin).

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

if he had the opportunity, im sure he would throw to pacman as much as he could.

and more than 1/3 of bennett's catches came when collins was in as qb.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

what a WEAK argument.

Drew is leading the team so he must be good.

5. abt1967

abt1967 Guest

Everytime I visit this board Thunder has back-handed shot a Vince. Is VY not the QB you want to lead the Titans? If your answer is no, then find out who you would like to QB and cheer for that team.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think vince has lost confidence in drew or he just isnt throwing his way. bennett might lead the team in receptions, but more than a third of those came when collins was starting(three games).

since vince became starter:
    wade- 22 catches
    b. jones- 24 catches
    bennett- 26 catches

drew also has more drops in the past two games than he has catches.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Some people are just angry.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Bennett is open VY will throw to him. DBs drops, like all WRs, are often obvious and always costly. Having said that I don't think DB drops more than the average number 2 WR, but man some of his drops have been BAD

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Maybe Vince should pass it a little slower..

10. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

C'mon guys, take it easy on Thunder. It's a Message Board and everyone has a right to post their opinion. Don't be so harsh. The whole Reciever thing is 50/50. At times, Vince will get one off that is on the money and should be caught, but it's dropped. Than theres one that's off and missed the reciever completely. It's mutual and will be fixed in the off-season I think. Regardless, we need a reciever with some play making ability at some point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar