Vince Young high school highlights

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by arenateam, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arenateam

arenateam Guest

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SOcUsDgGx0U"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SOcUsDgGx0U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

3. jcdenton

jcdenton Guest

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Vince was the #1 player out of high school as a senior.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm both excited and a little disturbed both after watching his HS play.
    Young has not changed at all in his style of play. Those HS kids could have UT unis on and nobody would know the difference. What disturbs me is I simply cannot see Young ever being a basic drop back passer in the NFL. They are going to have to let him take off when he wants to. Thats most of his game. If the Titans try to force Young to play like a normal NFL QB it will impede his game. IMO he will have to have a bunch of pre-designed running plays from the shot gun with 4 WRS split out to open the field and the offense will have to be simplified to just a couple of reads. The nice thing is Young might have the talent to pull it off, hopefully.

6. VOR

VOR Guest

The thing is, Vince did change drastically over the last few years. When he was a redshirt freshman, he was run first, run second and pass third. Last year and the year before, he was pass first, pass second and then if it blows up or WRs can't get open, run for 20 yards. Last year, even though they did have a zone read style of offense, if you watched most of the games, he used the zone read to do play action instead of taking off and running on designed plays.

Vince is going to be stout.

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I also think that he will pick up things a lot quicker than people give him credit for. He is a very hard worker. He will be committed to starting or being ready to as soon as possible.

8. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

You shouldn't be disturbed... Its a highlight video where they showcase his running ability... Because his runs are phenominal, people tend to showcase them more. He threw for 2,545 his senior year, and 26 TD's and was the #1 QB in the Nation.

I've seen plenty of games where VINCE marched the ball, down the field, in less than 10 plays and not running once, in college.

The bottom line, he knows how to move the chains.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Soxcat is disturbed?

......by that video? Too many jay cutler bong hits i suppose. What i saw in the video had me drooling all over the place thanking God that vince is on our team. This might be the most extraordinary athlete to come down the pike in a decade. This guy is a football micheal jordan!

He wasn't a man against boys rather more like a divine being vs mortals. I watched the texas playoff video. These are the best teams from one of the top states for high school football. They couldn't tackle the guy! The guy could be playing in a muddy quagmire and never get his jersey wet because he never gets taken down. In a couple fo those TD runs he pounded the last guy trying to tackle him.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Torch...

I want vince to run. If he doesn't run 100 times a year he would be short changing himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar