Vince Young has never..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

...and he was listed as the 3rd QB today because he was sick. I've said this twice before. If he had the same stuff my friends had last week, I'm surprised he even dressed and went to the game.
    Also, if he did have the flu or something like that, would any of you geniuses want him around you?
    Quick medical lesson for some of you: The flu is contagious and can be caught from being around someone with the flu. :rolleyes:

2. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Anyone stating Collins can throw the ball better than VY is stating the obvious. Problem is, there's no excitement with Kerry in there. VY can make things happen with his legs, KC back there on a blitz is garbage, the guy is worthless when teams blitz. I'm tired of the same BS with him back there on 3rd and long, it's time for a change, enough of this.

3. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

Collins hasn't won a playoff game since 2000.

4. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

Put Vince in the game - How are we ever gonna know what he will do if we don't put him in. Are we gonna play him or not-do we need to draft a qb or not? I keep hearing the lip service of he's our future well prove it the future is now. Kerry is horrible in the clutch plain and simple and for anyone saying those balls were catchable (besides the Nate passes which we have established Nate is not consistent enough to be good) you obviously were watching a different signal feed than me because the angle those balls took in the last of that game on my tv were atrocious. Please don't get me started on how he placed the ball where it needed to be unless where it needed to be was in the dirt. He hits a player in stride approximately once a game. It's sad when I am sitting in my chair knowing it's the last drive and knowing that here comes the pain train up the middle from the other team because Kerry can't escape it. He's immobile. If he was any more immobile we would have to place him in a humaround. Give Vince the ball!

5. Sevenfeet

Sevenfeet Starter

I'm wondering if I witnessed the same game everyone else was watching yesterday. Reading all this stuff I would have thought that Kerry Collins was the biggest bum ever to play the position. What I did see was a guy who took a 14-0 team that was almost ready to give up (and therefore the season) and got them back to a 17-14 lead in the 3rd quarter. Momentum was going the Titans way and then Mouton muffs the punt in a move that even high school returners know not to do (over the shoulder catches).

After that, we never got the momentum back, especially since we were on the road. The Titans secondary got banged up which limited our ability to defend the pass. The Jets secondary was playing well all game and Collins had to be accurate just to get the 17 points on the board in the 2nd and 3rd quarters (the announcers were even saying so). But the ranks closed up in the 4th and our receivers just missed some that should have been catches down the stretch. Tough catches, yes, but makeable ones in this league. And I blame play calling since we knew that Collins was going to get rushed a lot down the stretch and we should have had some simple screen passes at the ready to keep the defense honest. Instead, we were always looking down the field which got him sacked at crucial times.

None of what I saw would have changed if Vince were in there, assuming we get the VY that we saw toward the end of the pre-season. People who say that VY will beat you with his feet are living in the fantasy of 2006. Defenses spent the off-season after that year studying him and figured out what an starting Titan told me (I'm shielding his name) himself two years ago was that VY was predictable once he decided to take off running. Once the defenses figured that out, these 30 yard scampers of the past were largely over.

I'm not saying that VY still can't be a good QB. And yes, he did improve in this year's pre-season over that awful performance versus Indy last season that even Frank Wycheck blasted him for complete lack of footwork (something you learn in high school). But I'm still not convinced that VY will make the right decisions when the situations get complex. I'm still not convinced about his armspeed. And there are plenty of other little things to keep me worried.

Next year, I see us ending the VY experiment unless something extraordinary happens between now and then. We'll probably end up drafting or trading for someone and try to get Collins to mentor that guy. Or we could just cut both guys and look for a new leader (that's a bigger challenge). But the odds are clearly stacked against VY regardless of what happens this season.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I say give Collins a little longer.

Right now we have so many players playing crappy football that we just cant blame 1 guy.
    Only way Fisher will bench Collins is if the rest of the team is clicking but Collins still cant lead us to victory in the 4th Q. it has to be a clear picture that Collins is at fault.

Right now everyone has to admit the whole team and coaches are screwing up. We want to see VY just cause he might get everyone else going with his energy. But Fisher is going to try and fix things with our current guys.

7. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Driving for a possible winning score at the end of the game and dropping the ball for no apparent reason as you're running two games ago was enough for me to see.

And even if KC stayed in, played well and they miraculously won 10 games and made the playoffs..I have ZERO confidence in Collins in a big game in a big spot.

8. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

It's just frustrating when 3 straight weeks you have a chance to win or tie the game in the 4th quarter and our qb is not making plays. I know our team's not playing great, but our qb has been put in position to win games and hasn't done it. Whenever our team can not win close games there has to be some kind of change eventually. We will never be able to get to the playoffs and expect to win by 2 scores every game.

9. DJB

DJB Starter

I'm willing to give Collins another week. But I can't take much more of seeing a winable game on the line in the final drive and the QB not completeing one pass, throwing INTs, and fumbling without anyone touching him. Mouton made his mistakes but the team was still in position to win or tie...same as last week. Collins the past two weeks has seemed to fold in the clutch. If there is any pressure on him the play is basically over....he'll throw it out of bounds and everyone will applaud how smart he is for not making mistakes. His biggest asset last season was not making mistakes and he is making mistakes now...so what does he add to the team? Is he having the same issues Vince had trying to shake a label? Everyone said Vince was not a pure drop back passer and I think he tried to show everyone he was but it screwed his game up a bit. Is Collins trying to show everyone he's not just a "game manager" and is forcing things a bit? I don't know. I think Collins will bounce back this week. If not I'm ready to see Young. Who knows....with Young back there with Johnson it may be a great combination that would give defenses fits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar