Vince Young has far more experience than Chris Simms.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^Volek won me over by playing on a ruptured spleen also.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I remember that, and NOD came out of retirement and we beat the Bucs with one week of practise in the last game of the year.

3. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

Well Gruden has a crazy stupid offense. I think if he can do as good as he did with Tampa our offense would be like going from college to 1st grade.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

given the options of ingle martin, doug johnson and joey harrington, i'd take simms over all of them. i'm a little shocked he didn't have a job until now.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

simms was definately a good pickup. I would have keeled over and died had we picked up Harrington or D. Johnson.

6. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

I wonder how hard having another offensive coordinator has made it for Vince. The issue of Vince having more experience than Simm's may be mute when you throw that in.

7. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

I understand what you are saying, but experience counts for more than just time spent with OC.

Also, would you consider Alex Smith not a bust since he's had what, 4 OCs in 4 years?

8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

The one aspect of Chris Simms that Young can learn from him is his mental toughness. The kid was raked over the coals by Texas fans and haters alike. He was the bad guy in a huge QB controversy. He was booed off the field in a college football game by his own fans. He came to Texas as the savior of the program and spent all 4 years under a microscope. Just like Vince was cottled Chris was thrown under the bus several times. If anyone can tell Vince to cowboy up it is Chris, he has been there before.

I still have faith Vince will get his head on straight and be an effective NFL QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar