Vince Young Gone (Reaction Thread)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lateknight, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't see a NFL offensive system in the league that doesn't include a pocket passer.

Some QBs come into the league and do well being "thrown into the fire". Actually, Young had some solid games as a rookie which is why he ended up ROTY. Problem was, defenses adjusted.

McNair had a bonus built into his contract which was designed to get both to the table for a new deal. The Titans were not willing to pay top dollar to a QB on the backside of his career. McNair thought he had some good years left in him. As it turned out, he had one good year left in him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 24

24 Starter

While I agree QBs should sit at least 1 year, that was not why VY failed. I'm not going to rehash, but there are many reasons why he is not on this team anymore.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

You get to throw more when you sustain drives

4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Fisher screwed up just like Vince. His ego got in the way and it clouded his judgement which hurt the team. We all know what Vince did during the Jaguars game was wrong to say the least, but 2 years later, it's time to let it go. Fisher didn't. If Vince didn't quit 2 years ago, Fisher would have stuck with him against Pittsburgh. Fisher never wanted Vince but he was willing to work with him because he gives you a better chance to win than Kerry, keep in mind Fisher didn't have a problem with pulling Kerry for Vince just 3 games into the season in 06 and never pulled the same crap he started doing the past 2 seasons until that Jaguars game, Fisher quit on Vince because Vince quit on him, but like I said, it's time to let it go 2 years later and do what gives the team its best chance of winning.

Vince was already mentally weak as it was and was just starting to regain his confidence and swagger by going 9-2 (and improved a lot with his decision making) and Fisher's ego almost crushed it. You can see it on Fisher's face when he announced Vince lost his job, <b>that was like sex to him.</b> And making that announcement minutes after a game, seriously, lol? Vince quit and Fisher's job was saved by Vince, time to call it even.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

You also get to throw more when you quickly fall behind, well, unless you get benched.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

????????

Are you saying the Titans quickly fell behind when kfc was playing????

I am saying that in fisherball in order to pass more drives must be sustained, and 'the Diva' had issues with that, kfc was only marginally better in 2010

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Yout beyond reason. Good luck in life.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

thanks. I find things go easier when I don't have my head up a diva's arse.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I think it is pretty safe to say that the team was behind more often when KFC was on the field.

Simply put, I don't think pass attempts is a very damning statistic for VY. Over the Fisher era, the times when the Titans air out the ball mirror the times when the Titans tend to lose.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Yea, Fisher's (or Heimerdinger's) playcalling never was able to mix the pass and the run effectively on drives. They'd have drives where they'd get it right, and then there would be drives where we should be passing more and they give the ball to CJ up the middle as if they HAD to run the ball. You have to take what the defense gives you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar