Vince Young Gone (Reaction Thread)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lateknight, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

2. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Bud locked him out.

Fisher and his staff were out at Southern Cal scouting Leinart when all the McNair commotion started

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

McMVPs agent was pulling all the strings. McNair was anything but a regular at BSP during the offseason.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Vince blew it big time!

Charlie Casserly on sunday in his typical "talking to people around the league" line said that no team is likely to want him as their starting QB when he becomes available and that a handful of teams are interested in him as a backup.

Talk about falling hard. Look around the league and you see that very few teams either don't have an established vet starting for them or a young player of the future like Tebow and McCoy. Then you add the possibility that Orton and Kolb might be traded to teams needing a QB and the marketplace is not a friendly one at this time.

In fact the best place Vy could be is right here where we don't have a starter or even an established backup with Collins not signed.

It also says a lot about what happened that afternoon after the Redskins game that was considered so bad that even Bud Adams was willing to let Vince go.

So now Vince has to be a backup some place in the middle of his prime years hoping somebody gets hurt to have a chance to play. He has the tools to be a great player he proved that when he led this team to an 8-2 record last year and this year when he had one of the highest passing ratings in the league.

And what about the money? Vince keeps his mouth shut after that game and he gets that $14M next year and maybe an attractive new long term deal. His rant has cost him millions.

Sad, he could have had a wonderful career here. He blew it!

5. 4realz

4realz Camp Fodder

Roll, first off the decision to let go of VY was more about financial than anything on the football field. The Players Union vs the NFL will prevent any trades or FA pick up by teams until that is settled. There is a chance that there are only 10 games next season. Bud doesn't want to pay VY for 16 when they may only play 10.

Secondly, the people in Houston till this day are still pissed at Charlie Casserly for passing on VY. At the time some were pissed about not drafting Reggie Bush but that faded away. So Charlies is still trying to justify not drafting VY to this day. The fans in Houston want VY to come home bad and that's not going to happen. They can't pay him back up money when other teams are going to pay him starting QB money.

Last thing is this is about winning and winning only. If a team is winning they sell more merchandise. Winning is the priority because they make more money. VY is a winner and history proves that players always get a second chance if they feel like they can win. Even players like Ryan Leaf who didn't ever prove himself on the football field atleast got anotehr chance even though it was as a back up. VY wins and other teams are not blind. Also players like Leaf is pretty clear cut they were wrong. Too many people feel like things don't add up with Fisher. VY will be a starter next year at some point in the season 100%. This mess between Fisher and VY will fade away really fast once teams start to lose and really need a QB.

6. stump1000

stump1000 NFL Insider

VY's career is far from over. I'm sure that a lot of people can see through what has happened and see that it's not all his fault and that it didn't all go down like Fisher said it did. Fisher is a master manipulator and a liar. I'm not saying that VY handled himself right, but we are all our own person and react differently. But that's beating a dead horse and I'm tired of talking about it.

VY definitely won't get 14 million next season. I hope he gets a starting job and I believe that he will, but you never know. It just depends on where he goes and how much confidence his new HC has in him I guess. I think his on field performance is way more than enough for him to be a starter next season. I also believe that his off field issues will be a thing of the past now that he's away from Jeff Fisher. VY will get paid, it just won't be next year. He'll do well next season and end up getting a good contract after that, I hope.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

According to Casserly there is no team that wants him as their franchise QB.

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

The best case scenario...

Young backs somebody up next year and doesn't start. Fisher gets fired. Bud brings Vince Young back.

Oh...

And Blount chooses to leave Tampa Bay and return to the Titans.

Best case scenario

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

There is no question that by keeping Jeff Fisher and dumping Young the team saved about $18-20M. Yes money played a huge role in the decisions made.

If we sack Fisher and hire a high profile coach like a Billick and he wants VY as his QB we are looking at paying the new coach and Fisher his $6.5M and Young's $14M. So yes it was the most fiscally responsible move.

However you would never dump a bonafide franchise QB just for that much money. Vince made the decision for them with his actions. All things come into play here including Vince's injury history but you would normally never dump a franchsie starting QB in mid career just for money. They would have not done that to Steve Mcnair.

If VY keeps his mouth shut and doesn't go off maybe he gets a new contract.

Bottom line is that his actions that day cost him big time in the wallet and for his career and nw he has to climb out of that hole he dug for himself.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Stupid is as stupid does.

You can't fix stupid.

No surprises here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar