Vince Young elite!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I see this is quickly turning into a "I Told You So" thread. Anyone who seriously thought, 3 years ago, that VY would look this good thought so out of pure Homerism(Yes this is now a word lol) He never showed the signs he would become a pass threat. His footwork was awful and he couldn't consistently pass well. Most of the posters who most people call Haters, are justified in thinking he was a bust. Outside of the 2006 season he was terrible. He's really coming on now which im happy for because i really think he can take this team to the SB one day. But as of right now, the skys the limit for him. First things first, he needs to invest in some new legs because the ones he has now are about as brittle as glass :ha: . VY needs to be more durable over an entire season. KC is a good backup but uhhhh.....Yea VY needs to get his healthy. Very impressed with him so far, keep it up sir :yes:

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

'09 was his best year. '06 was so impressive because he was a rookie at the time.

When we drafted VY, I expected him to be a top 5 QB within five years. Once '08 came around, I wasn't sure he would ever be a legit QB.

Now I'm positive we made the right pick. Very pleased with what I've seen from him this year. Every QB has bad games like he had against the Steelers. Since then, he has been nearly flawless.

We can only hope we get him 25 passing attempts per game.

3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

you could just always tell that he had that IT factor. and no matter what, you know you lookin at a winner when your lookin at vy. In fact vicotry begins and ends with VY haha!!! now thats a little homerism. but for real you could tell he had something special about him!

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

To me there's 3 elite QBs in the NFL: Manning, Brady, Brees. Young is just having a great season. That being said, if he keeps it up, maybe not this year but soon, Young could be joining the elite with a ring and or MVP.

5. RavensShallBurn

I would definitely have to throw Rivers into the Manning, Brady, Brees mix.

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

The only elite QB's in the league are Brady and Manning in my opinion.

7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Ruck Fivers!!! :grrr:

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. RavensShallBurn

I hate the douche too, but he's pretty damn good, and we are incapable of beating him.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Vince was always a 3 year project. I'm not surprised he has improved his game so much over the time.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I said months ago if the Titans can get a 95-plus average passer rating from Young this season, they'd be in the hunt. Let's not forget we're only at the mid-point and Young really didn't have a significant role in three of those games. I'm excited to see his progress but I'm not ready to call him anything close to elite at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar