Vince Young Draft Status

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by THE53, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE53

THE53 Guest

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/andrew_perloff/01/05/vince.young.huddle/index.html
    -Just a link about how Vince Young will change things around if he enters the draft.

I agree with what the write says. A couple months ago, no one really cared too much for Vince Young as a QB, but now, he may go over Reggie Bush in the draft. I think that is absurd. Before the Rose Bowl, everyone was saying how he isnt ready for the nfl and is still raw and may never have the arm. BUt, after his performance (an amazing one, nonetheless), he is all of a sudden at the top of people's draft boards. I know he is good, but is he better than Bush or Leinert?

They are saying that Vince will go to Houston (one reason because thats where he grew up), and then Leinert may go to New Orleans, since they really need a QB, and that would leave us with Bush. If that does happen, would we take him, or trade down and get MANY more picks in the draft and future drafts. For example, say we trade one pick down with the Jets. We get their pick, where we could take Cutler or Hawk or Fergusen, and then a future first rounder, where we could get even more talent.

Picking third can turn out to be VERY good if Vince decides for the draft. There is a very good chance that he will too, since he already won the National Championship (yes, i know thats what happened to leinert last year, and he won the hesiman...), and ended on one of the best games ever in college football history.That means the loss to Jacksonville can turn out to be our best loss ever... SO everyone hope and pray that Vince Young will enter the NFL Draft!!!

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Here's the differece; I don't think many GMs changed their mind about Young from one game. I think people who were unaware on how talented Young is were shocked by the game and went a little crazy. In my mind, Young was always the #1, and Leinhart was like #1b. Just my opinion.

With that in mind, I don't think theres any way Houston takes Young with the Number 1. The only draw here is that he'd be a hometown guy and probably sell a lot of merchandise. He's not the answer (and frankly, neither is Bush, but they're most likely going to take him). Believe me, this insane hype for Young will settle, people will realize he's probably the 2nd best QB in the draft, and things will go back to normal. Until the Senior Bowl and combine. Then they can get all worked up again.

3. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

I say give it two weeks and things will be settled down. And people will be thinking clearly and not basing there stuff on one game, and then they'll realize its 1. Bush/ 2. Leinart/ 3. Vince. But Vince Young has moved himself into to top 3 on boards.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

first of all it's Leinart
    and he didn't gain anything by returning for his senior year
    -(other than a few more rounds with the sorority girls)

he woulda clearly been the #1 pick last year to San Francisco and wouldn't have even needed to changed his address

now (after 2 lackluster games) who knows where he stands
    Chow has stated that Matt isn't in quite the same league as Carson and would (imo)probably pass on Matt even if he were there at #3
    I didn't see much of Matt Leinart, but from what I did see - I didn't see enough to go crazy nuts and go #3 overall for him.

I'd rather have Vince Young (obviously - ?sig?) Cutler or Omar than Matt - BIG ol stretch .. maybe it's the Grey Goose

my worst (best) fear is if Houston (properly) takes D'Brick and N.O. takes Leinart - to be stuck at #3 looking at Reggie Bush (a player we don't necessarily need) and Vince Young (who awesome as he played in the Rose Bowl) is very raw as a passer

put this into perspective

if Reggie and Vince were both on the board at #3 (a slim possibility but still possible) who would you (or Floyd/ Jeff) take ?

mind-boggling stuff..... I'm not convinced that Reggie would be the "obvious" pick

(takes another drink of Vodka goodness)

last week I was clearly in Bush's court, now I'm not so certain. it'll be a while before last nights Rose Bowl performance leaves my mind (because I keep watching the DVR of it)

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Fortunately Puck, I sincerely doubt Houston takes The Brick with the first. Not to say they wouldn't take him, but they'd trade down and take him probably.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i doubt to see where that is "fortunate"

i think you might've meant "Unfortunately"

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'm curious

Did Vince EVER take a snap from under center ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar