Vince Young clueless?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

yeah but I want Reggie. So I can dream.

2. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

The only ones qualified to know whether or not Young is the right QB or not is the Titans. Period.

3. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I'm a hundred percent with Gunny on this one, I want Bush. I would like leinart if we have to take a qb, but I'm not dumb enough to be angry if the team gets VY. I don't see how we can mess this draft up. We can either get one of the big three or trade down and get Hawk, Ferguson, or Cutler.

4. pking34

pking34 Guest

I honestly don't see one shred of evidence that Vince Young has any character deficiencies (I don't like neckties, either);I DO think Young has gotten the worst pre-draft counsel and management I've seen in a while.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think some members of the media love to tear down those at the top only to rebuild them back up again.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

This article wasn't about character deficiencies, it was that guy's opinion on if Young is showing that he has what it takes (beyond athleticism) to make it as an NFL pro QB. Mostly, he discussed the will to prepare constantly, and how important that is, and used the three things he mentioned to say that he's not using the opportunities he has to show that he can be prepared when he needs to be. I searched the article just to be sure, and he doesn't even use the word character. It's not about potential off the field issues getting in the way, it's about him being willing/able to do the training/studying off the field to succede. While it may draw some quick points, I don't think it's that bad an analysis. I wasn't a "bash" article, and I don't think it's inappropriate to view Young's ability/williness to work at entering the NFL based on what he's been doing since the Rose Bowl.

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

i.e. See Peyton Manning's Senior Year.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

All that time spent watching films every waking moment hasnt' put any rings on Peyton's finger.

It's a balance of ability, dedication, and LUCK...

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Come on...how does this guy know what effort Young is putting in? Is he saying based on these 3 incidents that Young isn't preparing himself for the NFL? If he is, he is the immature one. Has he been following Young around 24/7? How does he know if Young hasn't been working out etc. to get ready?

The article is an opinion piece.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

since Maurice Clarrett ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar