Vince Young appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chem, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I still believe he is going to be great in the NFL. I just worry it won't be for us.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I believe that is a legitimate concern. I'm betting he is a Texan by this Spring.

3. ruby10football

ruby10football Camp Fodder

First of all, THANKS to whoever started this thread. I'm a huge VY fan and am bitter over the entire catastrophe the media and fans are creating. I dont understand why, when we have THE WORST receivers VY is receiving all the heat?? Do you guys realize that with VY struggling, the receiver are gonna drag him down even more. Fact is if the ball is not thrown right into their hands, they wont catch it. (AND if it is thrown right into their hands, there is also a huge chance they'll drop it) Meaning, VY cant get his passing numbers up cause he dont have anyone to put a lil extra into grabbing his passes....Anyway, I'm hopin he'll pull through this and prove everyone wrong...You GO VY!

4. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

I love that game...i wish we could see some more of that out of Vince...He just really seemed confident at that time...we need to get his confidence level back up there

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Buddy, Vince was throwing it right to the Jaguars.. ok? Can't put that on Gage or any other wr. The guy needs to learn how to read defenses and throw the ball accurately. Also, I'm willing to bet all the jock jumpers that came to be "Titans Fans" will be fans of some other Longhorn on another NFL team in the future and forsake the Titans completely. That's unless they happen to be Houston holdouts which is cool, but for the most part many of you guys are just like the Indy Peyton fans that are my friends and neighbors... so don't give me this "true" fan crap. You're just a hypocrite telling me you essentially dumped some other "favorite" pro team in favor of the Titans because we drafted Vince Young... you could just as easily be a Jets, Raiders or Texans fan for crying out loud...

moving on... why in the hell does Vince need to be coddled? Why should we indulge his immature display of wuss? Anyone have children here? How do parents respond to fits and pouts? (which is exactly what Vince is doing...) Myself personally, I bring the hammer down. Any self respecting parent does. Being a fan of a player who is under performing to this level should be outraged and demand better. I demand better because I believe that there is better. say it with me... . I demand better because I believe that there is better. is that positive enough for you? . I demand better because I believe that there is better. I will not stand by and go quietly into the night and accept this piss poor display of mediocrity. It's bull-$#!t! You guys can cum bay ah all you want but I'm here to tell you that Vince doesn't need his hand held and his thighs massaged by the fan base. He needs a collective foot up his arse and he needs to rise to the occasion and wake up out of this haze before he goes the way of Akili Smith.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You don't put ANY of this on Young? Is he a victim here to you? Is the media supposed to ignore this stuff when his own mother seems to be the source of any truth being released?

I don't think there is anyone who calls himself a Titans fan who doesn't want Young to come back and be successful. But that won't happen until Young grows up and gets himself where he needs to be mentally to succeed.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

When you're an entertainer, and you find yourself driving off in your new Mercedes Benz from your posh Brentwood home all depressed ,because some people boo'd a bad performance by you, it might be time to question your perspective on life...

8. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Let me give you an example:

Let's say that you are the CEO of a big company. The company is losing ground (think GM in the 1970s or something like that) and the problem is obvious (you aren't producing what you need to produce). Now, you pull out all the stops you know how to, but it's not enough. You need the other management positions to step up. But they don't. Sure you may not be 100% correct, but the other guys aren't helping at all. Wouldn't you want to quit? Wouldn't you be angry at the guys who keep failing you? Now add in the fact that you blamed for 90% of the problem.

If I were that CEO, I would get out. I'm afraid that VY will just force his way out off here. If he had WRs who looked interested, he might not be so downtrodden. Indeed, I think if the WRs tried as hard as they should, we would be making his HOF plaque. We need someone hungry to succeed. I don't see that out of Gage and J-Mac so far. Start Hawkins. He has shown that he has talent, and he's got to be angry that he fell so far in the draft.

9. ruby10football

Yes, I do put some of this on Young. Looking at the big picture this is his job, and it's what he gets paid to do. I just believe that too much is getting put on him. I think we should put alot more on our wide receiver area.

10. ruby10football

Just for your info...I have been a Titans fan ever since I started watching football 6 years ago. Yes, Young did make a couple of bad throws but why are you ignoring the throws that should have been caught?? I'm not saying that none of this stuff is VY's fault, and yes, I agree he needs to mature. He's still young and he will mature as he ages. I still think we should be supporting instead of ridiculing...........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar