Vince feels "Pretty real good" about how his knee is healing.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Arcane, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

He is a multi-millionaire with a college degree, I applaud him for accomplishing that...however, it isn't that hard to learn how to speak English while getting that "degree". So, he either needs to step up and learn how to REPRESENT (as they say) or continue to make himself (and the Titans) look foolish. Doesn't it embarrass you to have the figurehead of the Titans sound like a moron?

No wonder we get no respect and are called hillbillies. Hell, Jacksonville played the Deliverance banjo song when we came to town.

BTW, I lived in the projects for a few years myself as a kid, now I have a Bachelors degree in Computer Science.... I don't sound like him, and if I did, I would FIX IT. Especially if I was representing an NFL team.

But again, this thread was not about that...I only made the title of the thread point to that because I thought it was odd. I am more concerned about his attitude for starting Sunday.

2. Titanite

Titanite Pulling for VY...Sue me.

The hillbilly/banjo idea has nothing to do with our project-raised, ebonics-speaking, word-jumbling quarterback.

It has more to do with the fact that Tennessee is Dixie-land. It's just like when someone mentions Compton, California, you naturally think of gangsta rap. It has nothing to do with our quarterback's speech impediment.

The reality is that this is a Vince Young sucks thread and it's not going over well because he hasn't really given us much to complain about lately.

The thread is just nitpicky and ill-timed.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. dahobbs

dahobbs Camp Fodder

You are definitely reading too much into it. Just watched the video. He seemed very even keeled. Especially considering stupid questions like "you seem pretty down, how are you feeling?". He was just avoiding controversial "omg Vince is depressed" crap. At least Vince seemed to understand the meaning of irony, unlike the reporter who thought it was "ironic" that Vince and Vick were both injured and rehabbing. Yeah, ironic like rain and your wedding day, moron. (the reporter, not you)

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Good freaking gosh would you all shut up about VY's diction. Have you listened to half the players in the league for crying out loud??? What do you expect from players who were hand-held through college graduation...do you expect them all to come out and sound like Brad Hopkins?

Who the freak cares!? VY is not an English major....okay, got it. If he leads us to the playoffs with an excellent year...guess what...who cares.

Everytime I watch him, or CJ (who by the way has more metal in his grill than my 4-Runner so big surprise) or Britt...or...well, you get the picture...I hate listening to it. But they were not drafted based on their grades in speech class.

As long as they can understand him in the huddle I don't care. If you think that is why the Titans get no respect or if you think its because we are just in hillbilly country in TN...well you roll with that. Way wrong...but you keep rolling with that opinion.

I am from the South...have somewhat of a Southern accent...but you can understand me. Hillbilly actually comes from up in the West Virginia coal mine country...we are REDNECKS in the South so get it straight.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Texas_Titan_1

Texas_Titan_1 Camp Fodder

The "grammar nazi" needs to pay more attention to what he types than what others say.

Quotes from onetontitan:

"McNair was a freak of nature and is (should be was)the toughest QB I've ever seen play the game."

"If our front four can get the pressure on Kolb, I'm convinced Verner can handle the challenge. As long as pressure is applied, Kolb will make mistakes and throw balls short...and we all knows (should be know) what happens when QB's do that against Verner."

Practice what you preach or just STFU!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I cut some obvious slack to 2nd language and learning disability folks but beyond that grammar should be learned. If you don't why, don't bother asking.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Nope. Typing/texting is an entirely different ball of wax than knowing how to speak the language. The casual mistyped word etc. is not the same as murdering grammar.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Whaaaat? :brow:

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Sorry.. Should be don't bother axing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar