Vince asked to leave Titans facilities

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

Its a business and the Titans front office made the decision to lockout Steve. I don't think Fisher had anything to do with banning him from the practice facility.

That said, its a decision that I still get upset about when I think about it. You don't pull that kind of crap with the player who is your franchise. For the love of all that's holy, Mac restructured his contract when the team was in cap-hell to help the situation. The organization embodied the ugly side of the business with their treatment of Steve and I still haven't forgiven them.

Its all become clear now! This all boils down to curse of #9. Since that fateful situation, we've been doomed to mediocre quarterbacks that could never take us on a playoff run. I only hope it won't last as long as the curse of the Bambino did.

2. Ai2Ai

Ai2Ai Starter

He's 5th in current QB winning percentage. He has a QB rating of 100 this year. Sounds pretty good to me. Not gunna get any better? He has/had? the second highest rating this year behind Vick, and was having his best year this year. What are his limitations? He's a notorious winner, and now this year he has put up the stats. You dislike Vince just because. Give it up.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

madeupdreams you do realize that when a player restructures a contract they convert nonguranteed money into guranteed money and then spread it out over the life of the contract, and that typically the money that would be in the current year is given to the player in an immediate payment.

Players do not 'sacrafice' in any way with a standard resturucture.

Now there are cases where players are asked to take a haircut to keep their contract, but that was not the case with McMVP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar