Vince and Collins in the backfield at same time??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by imbread, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

There's no difference if Collins is out wide or a WR is there. If the idea is for Young to run with the football, you put him behind center in an empty backfield. At least a corner would have to respect that Young could pass the ball.

Point is, unless they did it with CJ, it would be stupid. Young runs well in the open but isn't the type of runner this would work with.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I agree jeff but that is not the subject of this thread. I would put vince out there with hall, crumpler and scaife and power run it with a threat to pass.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm not an advocate for trick plays jeff. If young plays(he won't) it will be as a part of our regular offense.

I also believe that there is no reason to have cj and lw in the same backfield as some have suggested.

4. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

I would love to see both of them in the backfield. How about shotgun snap to Collins pitch to Young then fake run stop pass to Johnson.

But I think we need to do something different. Whatever it is.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I thought this was about having both Collins and Young on the field together.

Where this is getting confusing to me is why people want both Collins and Young on the field at the same time. Technically, "Wildcat" is when the snap is to the RB. What the Titans would do if the snap went to Young to run would be more of a variation of the single wing like the Gators run with Tebow.

For a few plays, it could be interesting. However, I don't see how having Collins on the field at all making sense if Young is taking the snap.

The only reason I would have both CJ and White on the field would be to put CJ in motion which means a LB has to move out to cover him. Then they can work with the mismatch there or give White a little more space since a LB is guaranteed to be out in coverage. They did some of that in training camp.

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I always thought when we put Adam Jones in that a pass to Young would be an awesome play. Never happened though.

7. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

And you can bet the next time we are a 20-point underdogs Fish will pull out something else from his devious bag of tricks.

We are 12-2 with Fisherball, so Fisherball we shall continue to see.

8. imbread

imbread Starter

the thing i am worried about its the steelers getting to him.. i watch him in ny and now here.. he will put that ball on the ground... when we went o-4 with him as the starter other year, boy did he fumble that ball.. vince has the legs and after last week he cant be any more off then collins.. dont get me wrong i want collings there , just not agaist the steelers.. btw some said something about cj in the wildcat.. i would love to se that..

9. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Wildcat with C. Johnson and C. Henry in the back field and Young as QB.

Imagine that speed on the field!!!:wink2:

10. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Henry would probably be used to block since he has shown to be good at running into people...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar