Post-Game Thread Vikings 25, Titans 16

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jwill1919, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Offense:

Rushing attack was decent, gotta score points.
    Offense controlled the clock in first half, gotta score points
    Need a #1 WR, no route thrown longer than 13 yds
    Would like to see Mariota extend plays

Defense:

Rush defense excellent
    Zero pass rush, very concerning
    Safeties not bad, corners suck, would rather just see press man
    Williamson is WAY overrated

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Post game lesson: Pre-season means nothing. When will you people learn that?

3. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

game plan needs to change for next week. I didn't like one play call on 3rd down at all even though some did work out for us,

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If you'd told me yesterday the Titans would hold Peterson to under 2 yards per carry, I'd bet $100 the Titans would have won big.

• High Five High Five x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

And 0 offensive TDs.

6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

22 carries 64 yards. Rushing attack was not decent.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  7. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Not that most of you probably care what I personally think, but I don't agree with much of what everyone is posting. We need to all take a moment, breath a bit, and relax people!

Here are the facts of the game. The Titans pretty much outplayed the Vikings the entire game and the Coaches did a pretty decent job with plays calls etc. The game was lost on 3 plays that had little to do with coaching and nothing to do with the amount of talent on the team. The pick-6 by Mariota just shouldn't have happened. That was a bad play and one that can't happen again. It was just a dump play on his behalf and there is no covering that up. The fumble on between Mariota and Murray was actually more on Murray than Mariota. But the Mariota haters will say it's on him, even though the commentators pointed out during the replay, it was a RPO play and the DE crashed the inside. Mariota did what he was supposed to do which was keep the ball but Murray held onto it thinking he was getting the ball. That was a mistake on Murray not the other way around. The DE crash in the QB keep that ball 10 out of 10 times. The very next series Murray who was already in his head fumbled again effectively killing any chance the Titans had at a comeback. Coaches coach and the players play. The Titans were not out coached today but players made mistakes that caused the team to lose.

Look I wasn't on board with the Mularkey hire, but the outcome of this game wasn't because of him or his staff. I guess one could argue that they should have pulled Murray once it became evident he was in his own head, but I can be on board with a new HC simply saying I'm going to show faith in my veteran RB to get it together.

So in saying all this my advice to all the negative post is relax people. It's game one...let me say that again GAME ONE! All the post leading up to this week people saying they expect the team to win 9 games+ or be a .500 team for it to be a successful season, the fact of the matter is that's probably too high of an expectation.

Yes as a fan I want to see the team win games they should have won, today being one of those games, and no I'm not okay with the continued slump of the franchise as a whole...last season I joked about becoming a Seahawks fan because I was tired of having my heart broke by the Titans. However the reality is this team has what 21 or 22 new players on the 53 man roster? Someone can verify that if they want. That is well above the average turn over on NFL teams today. The team needs time fellas to get on the same page. As one poster said, give it 3-4 games and we should start to see exactly who the Titans are.

At the end of the pre-season everyone was raving about the potential of the offense and how poorly the defense showed. Well guess what people, the Titans did not give up a TD on the ground or threw the air. They held Adrian "FREAKING" Peterson, to a 1.6 yard AVG. They kept the Vikings in predictable offensive scenarios pretty much the entire game. The game was lost on 3 very very bad plays and nothing more. The good news are they were not bad plays where the Vikings just flat out beat the Titans. As cliché as it sounds, the Titans beat themselves today.

The good news is that is very correctable...the better news is it's just game one! It sucks to loose a game that should have been won, but there are no gimmes in the NFL. I'd panic if this was game 5 or 6, because that would be a trend, but definitely not game one....

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Very true, but the Titans also played the Vikings. The Vikings arguably have about as stout a run defense as any team in the NFL. The middle of that defense has always played at an extremely high level.

9. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Remember in the movie "Apollo 13" where so much is going wrong, and finally Ed Harris says, well let's look at this a different way......what do we have that is right? And all he gets is blank stares from the engineers. That's our coaching staff.

• LOL LOL x 2
  10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

what scares me is this coaching staff though..... going for 2 pts on the last td was a mistake even though too little too late it would have made the last onside kick meaningful to say the least.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar