VIDEO: VY vs Cowboys

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Drew Brees does that all the time, but no one criticize him for it as long as its caught...

Every Good QB has several TD's every season that could have just as easily been INT's. Its not that big of a deal that Vince just had his first of the season, but because hes Vince Young people criticize him..

2. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

Not true. The safety gets there as Washington is catching the ball and wasn't in position to make a play on the ball. It was really on 1 on 1 jump ball and the DB was turned around so Washington is the only one that knew it was coming. It's not as if all 3 guys went up for the ball and Nate just wrestled it away from both of them.

3. OhioTitan

OhioTitan GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

The point i like from all this and if all of you are right about him being average at best, he was still able to make plays and win the game. He proved he can have an average/down night and we can still win and have a passing game going. It may not have been pretty, but he didnt hurt the team at all and made his share of plays. If he keeps playing like he did last game, we will be fine but honestly i see him getting alot better over the next few weeks. He has shown he can win as he is right now and i still see alot of upside to come from him.

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Vince played far from average sunday..

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

They were damn TD's. On offense, TD's = GOOD PLAYS. Let's move on.

6. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

Plus even if it was double coverage doesn't that show he has faith in his WRs to make a play? People throw it up to playmakers all the time but Vince can't take his chances too? Sheesh everyone needs to lay off on VY. He does well people hate on him...he does bad people hate on him...he does nothing people hate on him...he does something people hate on him.

I rate his performance as very good. B+

I was particularly impressed with his first half play. The Cowboys D was reeling because they didn't think VY could throw or our WR could get open. All of those Pass interference were because the D was getting beat by our WR and VY. The second half VY wasn't asked to do a lot because of our field positron and game situation...

And on that Britt TD...I think he knew where Britt was going to be and was looking off the D. He then threw to where Britt was supposed to be. I think he saw him out of his peripheral vision (something no one can truly argue for or against). Any way it was a TD and I can't believe we are actually arguing over positive things...The only negative was his almost interception and a few truely bad throws...luckly they don't keep "Almost INT" as a stat.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I think it was clear, that VY could have murdered us in this game with a number of throws in the redzone and in the second half:

- The TD to Britt was pure luck, he was locked in to Scaife the whole way and just floated another ball in the endzone, there were 3 defenders that had a chance at that ball.

- The almost sack he took before Bironas' 38 yder where there were no WRs near him and he threw it off a DLineman and almost got INT'd.

- The toss down the middle of the field where he locked into Britt the whole way, severely underthrew it and if Brooking wouldn't have just knocked it down would've been INT'd.

All three of those passes were on the Cowboys side of the 40, with us tied, those could've been disasterous. Those are the type of WTF plays that VY continues to make carelessly with the ball that could have eliminated points. I still say SHI----!!! everytime he floats a ball over the middle, which is 3-5 times a game. The key with VY is the turnovers, when he doesn't turn the ball over we win, PERIOD! maybe that's why Fisher is so conservative! Our defense did 10 times more than the offense to win this game.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

The only thing more annoying than hearing all the SHOULD'VE, COULD'VE after a loss is hearing it after a win.

I've never seen a stat for almost INTs, almost TDs, or TDs that should've been INTs.

We almost won a Superbowl. And that fact should tell you how MASSIVE the difference between what actually happens and when could or should have happened.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I'm so tired of people saying that VY was throwing to Scaife and overthrew him. WRONG If you watch the replay from behind him you can see him watching Scaife then at the last minute when the safety moves up he looks at Britt and throws. You can pause the youtube video right before he throws to Britt and you can clearly see him look right at Britt before throwing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHYTHq_ZIPk&playnext=1&videos=-Z4fabYgdJY&feature=mfu_in_order

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't recall any Kenny Britt TD's from outside the endzone. Anyone know for sure if he's ever ran one in?

I know for a fact that 4 of his 6 career TD's have been inside the endzone, but what about the other 2?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar