Video of the Chris Johnson injury?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by iQon, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iQon

iQon Starter

Ironically, every media outlet credits his departure as a factor, but none will explore HOW it happened and it certainly wasn't announced.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playb...by_play&season=2008&week=POST19&override=true

You'll see in (text) the 2nd quarter with 12:05 left from the 12 yard line, Suggs and Lewis were credited with the tackle. However, I remember seeing at least one of them pin Johnson's legs down while Ed Reed came and treated his upper body like a rag doll.... David Stewart, Unnecessary Roughness. :lol: :rolleyes:

Anyone with this play or even the entire game care to upload this footage for me to take a second look at this play?

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

If I remember correctly, the Stewart thing had nothing to do with what was happening with CJ. Harris came in and pulled the Ravens off the pile. Harris didn't get a penalty.

3. RavensD

RavensD Guest

There's no Unnecessary Roughness, because the play hadn't been blown dead yet when Reed came in. Reed did the smart thing, which was stop CJ's forward progression while the play was still alive. CJ tried twisting his way out of it, and that probably didn't do him any good.

4. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Yeah I was bewildered with when it happened also. That incident happened when they pinned him and then Stewart was called for using a forearm to a helmet. I remember when the pile was sorted out CJ layed on the ground for a couple seconds but eventually made his way to his feet. But after this play CJ still rushed twice and was pretty effective on both runs looking fine. I wonder if it was more of a coach call than anything?

5. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Yeah I don't necessarily blame Reed because he was doing what you're supposed to do, however, the referees should've definitely called the play dead when Johnson had two linebackers wrapped around his feet and Ed Reed around his torso head area.

6. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

it looked to me that while one raven defender had cj stopped another raven defender was pushing his upper body backwards while he was already stopped. they were clearly trying to injure him imo.

7. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

they were trying to strip the ball. that's what they do.

8. Crow-Magnon

Crow-Magnon Guest

I thought so, too. I don't blame a player for trying to gain an extra yard or two; nor do I blame a player for still trying to put that guy down.

Forward progress was stopped and the ref should have blown the play over.

I cannot get fined so I'll say it: these officials sucked. And they've really sucked all year long.

9. iQon

iQon Starter

Correct me if I'm wrong, but once the ball is snapped --- regardless of a play being blown dead or not, any block or tackle done beyond reasoning, is considering unnecessary roughness?

He was down. There was nothing Johnson or Reed could have done that would have benefited either team.

10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

If Suggs was involved...it was dirty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar