Video: Locker vs. Saints

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Favre threw hard too....and he had some INT's. It's lucky Locker hasn't turned the ball over yet, if you guys think it's because he's making great throws all the time, it isn't, defenses have dropped picks against him. I like Locker, and have been impressed by him so far, but he's not ready yet.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm glad you mentioned Favre, cause if you watch that guys film, you'd think he had something like 1000 INT's, which he doesn't. Favre threw hundreds of balls that SHOULD have been picked off, but weren't. They mostly went right through a guys hands or bounced off his chest.

Point is; guys who can really fling the ball the way Locker and Favre can, will get away will some bad throws just cause most DB's aren't ready for those passes flying at close to 50mph.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Your so used to crappy quarterbacks you think QB's are never allowed to throw into double coverage. Manning, Brady, Brees, can all thread the needle and throw into double coverage all the time. Locker throwing to a covered man doesn't necessarily mean he's not reading the play right, he might think he can get it in and a lot of great quarterbacks have had that confidence.

Yeah, yeah, you were right D-Williams has emerged. I'm a big D-Will fan now. Avery can keep on warming that bench.

Hawkins is still a scrub though.

Btw, the defense wasn't giving Locker anything underneath when the score was 3-0 and he was still cutting them up.

Honestly it can't get much worse than Hasselbeck right now, his production is minimal so why not see what Locker can do against a near automatic W in Indy?

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

He still had a ton of INT's tho, obviously if you throw the ball hard it's going to be harder to pickoff, but that doesn't mean I want my QB throwing them lol.

5. birdman5

birdman5 Rookie

Just an observation from way up at the North Pole (Seattle) but doesn't this work both ways. The Titans didn't prepare a game plan for Jake either. Munch stated as much. If Jake starts, game plan will be tailored for Jake.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That completion to Stevens was a great example of what Jake can do when he forces throws.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

No, it was often poor tackling. Watch the highlight video.

I believe I've answered this already.

Anyway, Hasselbeck did not practice today so your wish might come true.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I watched the highlight video, I saw a rookie who looked nothing like a rookie the way he was calling audibles at the line, being poised in the pocket, delivering the football on time and accurately, and making plays with his feet.

Here was my take:

1. Strike to on 2nd and 35, nothing much to see
    2. Underneath to Ringer on 3rd and Long, again wide opoen
    3. Sold the Playaction, hit stevens in stride, pinpoint accuracy, great throw
    4. I think he thought D-Will would be open off the release, play broke down, scrambles, throws a perfect pass to 2 recievers who collide
    5. Ball slipped out of his hands incomplete, no way he did that on purpose
    6. Playaction off his back foot incomplete, nothing there
    7. Steps up, good decision to dump it off, don't need Locker getting hurt
    8. 3 step drop, innacurate, but he hasn't been practicing with these receivers so who knows if he thought the route was going to break earlier
    9. strike to hawkins underneath, took what the defense gave him, hawkins got good YAC
    10. Bad throw
    11. Another nice deep ball, should have been caught. Defender was turned and Locker recognized it.
    12. Tipped at the line, Washington had a step in man coverage
    13. Shows how great of an athlete he is picks up the first
    14. Rockets it 10 yards over the intended receiver
    15. Good screen pass, should have been caught, blocks were set up
    16. Pass of the Day IMO. Two reads on this play, at the top of the field the WR screen is being set up to Nate Washington, Locker sees the safety blitz and gets rid of it quick to Damian Williams who just has to make one guy miss and hes gone
    17. Once again shows his athleticism. Its a crime not to have this guy on the field.
    18. pocket collapses, sack, those will happen
    19. Off one leg over throws his receiver who was in double coverage
    20. Great throw quick slant to Hawkins, I really think he was looking for Hawkins a lot because hes most comfortable with him being that he practices with him on
    21. Good decision to run, shows impressive speed.
    22. Picture perfect pass to washington, great read by locker
    23. Pocket collapses, escapes, picks up 2, would have been a sack by Hasselbeck
    24. NIce throw to Nate, took what the defense gave him underneath, good read
    25. Batted down at the line
    26. Good throw, D-Will beat the press and got position on the Cornerback, Pass interference wasn't called
    27. Took what the defense gave him easy 9 to Nate.
    28. Missed assignment, locker was blown up
    29. Gutsy pass, D-Will had the step, locker over threw him
    30. Picked up the first down, terrible spot. Should have been challenged IMO.
    31. SAME PLAY RAN TO D-WILL FOR THE 60 YARDER. Except this time Locker saw the Safety stayed home, hit Hawkins behind the line, blocks set up, pickup of almsot 2032. Underneath to Nate took what the defense gave him easy 10
    33. Great throw, calling the play at the line, great leadership by Nate/CJ/Locker
    34. Spike
    35. Nice throw to Marc Mariani, better defense
    36. Nothing there, should have thrown it up at least

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Locker had good throws, locker had great throws. Locker had BAD throws... I wouldn't mind seeing him start. But that's not the picture right now.

As for the review, he hit a lot of blitz pickup quick passes, did extremely well reading it and hitting the open receiver underneath. Those plays gave him most of his yards out side of his long passes. It worked. It was definitely something that was in the game plan.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

You picked out a single sentence in my statement to try to derail my argument. Please explain to me how Locker played a bad game last week. Or how about how Hasselbeck played a better game.

Locker has produced without RB production. When plays break down he has the gift of being able to pickup yards with his legs. While it might not happen a majority of the time, those few times it happens might be the difference in the game.

Rodgers is deadly because he has a great mix of athleticism, QB smarts, and instincts. Locker possesses those same skills but just needs time to develop. I'm sorry, but I don't believe you progress as a QB sitting on the bench. There's no experience like real experience. He's played better than Hasselbeck has as of late and deserves to get a look. Regardless of who gets the start though, I think we all agree its better to have 2 quarterbacks than 1 or none like half the teams in the league.

The debate we're having is a good one to have.

Go Titans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar