Video: Gage definitely dropped that TD pass

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Sep 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

A true 1 wr makes that catch but we talking about Gage don't get me wrong it would of been a tough catch.

2. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

What about when Troy light up Gage last year and he still caught it. It was one mistake, he might have missed an easy catch there, but Bironas has to be good for us

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Thanks for posting this.

Who was the receiver crossing in front of Gage? That pulled a defender in who looks to nearly get a hand on the ball and maybe distracts Gage. It makes me wonder if that as the designed route for that receiver.

Bottom line: A #1 WR makes these kinds of plays. No excuse.

5. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Looks like it was 88. Is that Craig Stevens' number?
    I also noticed he slowed down at the very end of the play, even before it looked like it was going to Gage. That 'slow down' may have allowed the DB to be in the right place at the right time.
    Just speculation but, this play may have been affected by a DB that wasn't originally covering Gage who happened to be right in front of Gage to make a play because Stevens slowed down and didn't clear his man out of the area. LOL.

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Another thing was that Kerry really gunned it in there. Between that, and having to go up to get the ball seeing the hit coming, and maybe the receiver crossing in front it was a tough catch to make. Gage is good, maybe very good, but not great. I'd like to have seen Cook in on that play.

8. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

It was actually Scaife bringing Troy over. Look at the tape at 0:07

9. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

no... i was reffering to the fact that gage is very mediocre and he should be at best the #3 receiver maybe #4 behind edison.

hes slow, doesnt create separation unless the CB blow coverage, cant run after the catch, and drops balls. he does make some good catches but understand that that is bound to happen if you get enough looks

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Did you watch the game? Gage was open all night. No, he isn't Larry Fitzgerald but he was solid in that game. Should he have caught that TD pass. Probably but even the best Wrs miss those on occasion. One of the main reasons he missed it was because it was a bullet. Looks easy in slow motion but that ball was cooking and trying to reach out to catch that ball in traffic is not as easy as it looked. Notice in fast motion the ball was a blur.

Gage basically dominated the best NFL defense that game and we actually have people critical of his play? Give me a break. If Dinger would get his arse out of his head he would use these WRs more.

Oh, Gage's YAC last year was asa good as some of the best WRs in the NFL. Nice try...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar