Video: Gage definitely dropped that TD pass

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Sep 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

Hey all...I was sort of taking up for Gage on that missed TD catch thinking that it was tough pass to catch. However, after further review....it went through his hands and hit his helmet...doh!!

Let me know what you all think!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HXI5Q8tOSW4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HXI5Q8tOSW4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

The cheap shot at the end should have been called.

3. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

I recognized it in the preseason, and it was confirmed Thursday night...Just Gage will not bring it down if he knows he's going to take a hit. He has good hands, but it's all in his head.

4. amy

amy Starter

Yep, through his hands , alright. Oh well, that's what happens when you're more worried about getting creamed than catching the ball. I agree it's mental. Let's see how many times it happens this season. This is #1.

5. davidantx

davidantx Starter

That was definitely a missed opportnity. Would have been an awesome catch no doubt, but one he should have made.

6. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

do i need to say it................

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

0 points on that possession... it's like '07 all over again.

There was no cheap shot either. Don't be homers, guys. The Steelers fans were hilarious at the game. They couldn't admit that the Troy Polamalu pass interference was legit. They couldn't admit that the bloody facemask was a legit call. They couldn't admit anything. The only call we got that was questionable was the unnecessary roughness call when CJ got hit out of bounds.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

No. We don't want any part of Brandon Marshall.

9. Nine

Nine Starter

It may be that Gage dropped it...but I think we still need to blame it on Kerry and/or Vince.

10. iQon

iQon Starter

If this is another what if we scored here, thread... don't waste your time.

David Stewart took away 2 first downs; one being the interference call on Troy somewhere within the 30, the other killed the momentum of a drive later on in the game. I believe he pushed us back 3 or 4 times overall.
    Bironas missed a field goal.
    Bironas had a blocked field goal.
    Kerry's interception could have been avoided, and we had them on their heels at the time.
    Justin Gage dropped a easy pass in the 3rd or 4th quarter that brought Hentrich out.
    I never saw Scaife's fumble, but it sounds like we were either on a drive or within field goal range.

There's always going to be points left on the board. Pittsburgh left their share as well. And a lot of guys on the team played a bigger part in us not capitalizing than this drop.

And when it boils down to it. A) Gage has a reputation for dropping easy catches, and B) If we capitalized on any of those opportunities we lost, the game is over after the Hines Ward fumble.

Time to just move on. We can't get that game back, and it's only a Week 1 game anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar