Video: CJ vs. Bengals

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Anyways......

Thanks for posting that Jeff. I think CJ looks as though he is getting his groove back a little, made some nice cuts and we actually saw some acceleration. I feel alot better about him after Sunday. Maybe he is getting in shape finally. Still he only had 17 carries???? Not enough.

Whoever mentioned PA was spot on. Get Cook running cross routes with the play action!

Watched the video the first time and focussed on CJ. The second time I watched the interior O-line.......Harris actually made a couple of decent attempts but Amano is getting straight up murdered in the middle, he cant set his feet at all. We need to draft either Konz or Brewster in April.

Here is a question for ya, If you had to keep one outta Scott or Harris?

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Probably Harris because I don't mind him as much at center. If they stay at Guard probably Scott...

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

All true, but if you've played football or any other sport you'd know adrenaline does play a part.

I always felt faster on kick returns or after catching. It was the excitement of those moments. Plus, as we know- you're always faster when someone's chasing you.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Umm... your dad getting in your head when you're a kid playing a sport is totally different than a grown man who is supposed to be a professional letting fans get into his head. I just don't buy it. I think he's made it pretty clear he doesn't care too much what the fans think anyway.

Deuce is right, his instincts just aren't where they need to be. He doesn't have to ALWAYS try to bounce it outside for the big run. Likewise he doesn't have to ALWAYS settle for the 1-2 yards that are there.

For the record, I don't have much of a problem with the particular play in question. I just think it's laughable to try to somehow blame any of CJ's shortcomings on the fans.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I don't think fans would get in CJ's head, but I'm certain that seeing/reading what you are doing wrong "everywhere" could make it a little more challenging to not overthink things and just read and react to what is going on around you.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I believe this to be true, but is their any scientific evidence to further prove this theory?

I know first hand that I can't clock a 4.4 40, never have. But I've beaten people in races who claim they ran 4.4 40's.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Everyone claims they run a 4.4 though. It's kind of funny unless they're actual big time athletes.

I couldn't even imagine running a 4.4. Amazing what .10 of a second does.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I'd like to cut them both but a great centre would likely be enough to make them both serviceable.

Finding a great centre though is almost as hard as finding a franchise QB.

I saw Amano make 2 mediocre meningful plays in the video. On CJ's last long pickup in the video Amano makes a holding penalty so bad its a miracle it wasn't called. Maybe it was I dont remember.

I just cant comprehend how the coaches can justify persevering with him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I would say that is adrenaline. Depends why they are chasing you though.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1aBV_DY_8A"]Sumo Wresler running in Ultra-slow motion - YouTube[/ame]

Here is that video of dunce running a 40. No verification of his time though.

He did say he can run backwards as fast as forward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar