VIDEO: 2nd Look at 2nd half offensive drives

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

Here's a look at our second half drives. One of the things that I noticed was a bunch of stinking dump offs and waiting for CJ to bail us out on some 3rd downs.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UrMs6zoH-Jc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UrMs6zoH-Jc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. rastamon

rastamon Camp Fodder

can't understand why we would line up cook as a wr... the points of him is getting mismatches at TE

and omg do we f'in suck at screens

3. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

Man Im so happy we got Cj. We would got blown out also I love the way Lendale is running the ball he look's so much quicker he needs more carries. Are the Wr not getting open why so many dump off passes.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The idea behind Cook at WR is that he would demolish a corner if he made the catch. But I'm sure you knew that. As for our screens, you said it pretty well.

I'm just thinking what shortcoming will we have this week. Last week C.J.'s great day was overshadowed by a loss. The week before that, Griffin made a HUGE play to save the day, and yet that was all for nothing as well. Now this week what might it be? I hope were over this 'beating ourselves trend' and take care of business.

5. PBV

PBV Camp Fodder

Thanks Earlers! The question for me is how much of that 2nd half is Kerry's decision making, or Dinger's playcalling?

I got to say that I'm a huge fan of Dinger's tough as nails attitude, but the plays really aren't very complicated. Supposedly Kerry is smarter than Vince, and can make all the throws, and we now have several receivng weapons, but to me the offense seems very vanilla. I really expected us to wow some folks with our passing game. Also why doesn't Kerry call his own plays more? It seems with his experience, Kerry should be allowed to.

Is it Fisher limiting Dinger?
    Is it Kerry being scared to take risks, so he just goes with the dump offs in each play?
    Is it an issue of Dinger not trusting in Kerry's ability?

Really the only differences in production between Chow's and Dinger's offense is the players in the offense. Roydell used to get jammed badly at the scrimmage line, and thus struggled with the short/medium range pass plays. But that isn't a glaring issue now. BJ used to run poor routes, and had a very difficult time of consistently catching the ball, but that isn't an issue now either. Bennett in '06, Moulds in '07, and JMac in '08 all stuggled with getting downfield because of diminished speed, but that also isn't an issue now.

To me, either Fisher won't let Dinger open up the playbook, or Kerry's ability won't allow Dinger to open up the playbook, or there is no playbook.

WTF?

6. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

Did everybody notice that play around 2:35 where Kerry misses Lendale and Lendale's reaction. I think he is probably pretty unhappy with his number of touches through 2 games. If it continues I think we may have a similar situation to last year where he complained about not getting enough carries in a game, especially if we are losing.

7. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

Yea I did notice that he was looking like he wanted to slap him. He's frustrated in the way there using him. He's talented we should use him more this keeps Cj fresh also switch it up the Titans play to vanilla by the books they should use Lendale and Cj at the same time also.

8. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

Maybe receivers aren't getting consistent separation downfield. Our only long pass play of the season was Britt in the opener and that was blown coverage.

Also I blame Kerry's revamped offseason workout regimen for the fumble at the end of the game. The ball hit his abs and bounced out. Had he still had that cushy midsection that wouldn't have happened. :ha:

9. amy

amy Starter

Thanks Earlers! The question for me is how much of that 2nd half is Kerry's decision making, or Dinger's playcalling?

Does anyone know how much playcalling is done by KC and how much by Dinger? Does Dinger leave most of it up to KC or does he send in the plays? Does KC wear a mic like some other qb? I don't really know a lot about these things. thanks

10. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

Dinger calls all of the plays. Collins is just there to execute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar