vick ordered not to report to camp

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

2. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

If the NFL automatically suspended players and kept them out until they "co-operated" with authorities, then it would be a good thing.No more NFL for Vick until he names names in dog fighting.

No more playing time for Pacman until he turns in the shooters in LV and ATL.

That would set the standard where it needs to be.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Dayum. David Stern II. This guy is like Caesar. He makes his own rules.

4. Fry

and if he doesnt know them?

see, that's what's wrong with this whole policy, it assumes guilt.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:wakka:

This is good. Now likely the suspension will follow. And Goodell can claim his consistency. Are there still arguments against his policy?

Yes, there are. But, he is basically the CEO of the NFL right?

Does the NFL have to be held to the fair equitable standards of a democracy? Where does the NFL cross the line? What rights of players has Goodell broken by enforcing the conduct policy the way he has?

I don't know, I'm just thinking. :guzzle:

Seriously, that's great for the Titans to face Harrington or DJ Shockley at QB! :ha: :smile:

Anyone think they will sign Culpepper or someone else that could get cut? One of the Bucs QBs or something?

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Interesting. Goodell ordered him not to report to camp, essentially avoiding/delaying the league suspending him AND he directed the Falcons not to discipline Vick. So until we hear otherwise- THE LEAGUE suspended him without pay taking the heat off of Blank.

7. Fry

actually, the league is suspending him with pay

"Vick will not forfeit his preseason pay during his excused absence from training camp."

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah- your right. (that's what I meant to say!:)) )

9. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

I know this is just one case but...In the Pacman case does anyone really f#$%ing think he doesn't know who the shooters were. If so I got some swamp land to sell ya;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar