Vick admits guilt

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ONUV, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Disgusting low life. Isn't it sometimes hard to believe you are the same species as some of these sick people?

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Am I to understand you infer from "Tank Johnson is part of one of those show-stopper defensive units that people come to see" that he meant "Tank Johnson made more money for the league than Pac man, and therefore, he got a lesser suspension"

I infer he meant Tank was a player from a larger market team that was enjoying success on the field which translates into money for the league. TV ratings/revenues, merchandise, ticket sales, etc.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

btw sorry you thought that was a cheap shot. If it had been, it would have been a lot funnier. :)

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

But Tank wasnt the reason for their success. THe titans have sold out every single home game. I dont know who sold more jerseys between Pac and Tank, but I would venture to guess Pac. Though, I doubt either was really a significant #. If you take Tank away from the Bears D they are still a dominate D. I dont see how Tank benefited either his team, or the league, from a ratings or monetary standpoint, anymore than Pac did.

5. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

I'm just making the point that Pacman brought in little money, but it wasn't as if he was part of a bigger thing. he was part of a lesser thing if anything. [yeah. lots of "things" sorry. i'm just trying to get a point across quickly. lol.] Tank wasn't a superstar himself, but he was part of arguably the best defense of this decade and pac was part of one of the worst. Tank went to the super bowl though he had to get permission. Tank was part of a bigger, less expendable thing. In Goodell's eyes Bears D > Titans D. so in turn, Tank > Pacman. Pac has talent but is still ranked last in the league. Tank disappears at times yet his D is still ranked no. 1. [or 2. whatever.] Because Ced Ben got hurt at the beginning of the SB does that mean he was crucial to the game and that if he were in they would've won it all? no. but he would've helped. Expendable players can still play vital roles to a team even though they can be replaced. and even though Pac played amazingly, he still couldn't help the team to even place 31st in the league. It's not if you're good, it's if you're good ENOUGH. obviously tank played well enough at DT he kept his job on the no. 1 D. Pac busts his *** and the team still isn't out of the cellar. I highly doubt he cares about pac when the titans missed the playoffs. Tank went to the big dance. that carries more weight no matter what role they played. a nobody on the best D and defending NFC champs is better than a local celebrity on the worst defense in the league who went .500

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I understand your point. And I agree, from a team perspective, the Bears D certainly was more significant to the league from a ratings/money standpoint. However, Tank was just another player on that D which was full of superstars. Pac was argueably our 2nd or 3rd best defensive player. I understand where you are coming from, I just dont think that on an invididual level, that Tank was anymore important to the league than Pac. And because of that, I dont think that was the reason Goodell gave Tank a lesser suspension.

7. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

yeah i getcha. pac > tank obviously. but goodell certainly isn't watching every single game. haha. he only does if he has to. i think we need someone who truly understands what goes on in football over a businessman as commissioner. if there was ever a non-partial football fan [ a guy who watches every chance he gets just to see two teams play. that sort of guy. or gal i guess. ] then he'd be the perfect commissioner. he get's the significance of each player and knows things about a team or a player without having to be told. but sadly, football fans always have a favorite team...

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I'm not so sure about that. Arthur Blank is hurting right now & the Falcons organization may take years to recover from this damage.

Poor ticket sales & local TV blackouts could be only a season away.The NFL doesn't like that kind of scenario.

9. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

See below an official statement from the NFL that was sent out today. (I guess the haters will say that I got this document from the Tennessean or ESPN)

Statement From An NFL Spokesman On Michael Vick
    08/20/2007

FOR USE AS DESIRED

8/20/07

STATEMENT FROM AN NFL SPOKESMAN: “We are aware of Michael Vick’s decision to enter a guilty plea to the federal charges against him and accept responsibility for his conduct. We totally condemn the conduct outlined in the charges, which is inconsistent with what Michael Vick previously told both our office and the Falcons. We will conclude our own review under the league’s personal conduct policy as soon as possible. In the meantime, we have asked the Falcons to continue to refrain from taking action pending a decision by the commissioner.”

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Sounds like the hammer is about to come down hard...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar