Veteran FA WR JROB will sign?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Arrow, Jun 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Smaller footballs would elevate the game for the XFL, probably a necessary move to make it more watchable

Imagine having to watch a league full of 8th string NFL WRs play with NFL rules.. Be like a 10 week preseason

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Helped work for AFL.
    I think there are plenty of rule changes that could be implemented and still not sacrifice safety in an effort to make the XFL more interesting.

The biggest thing I think they can do now to keep any amount of interest for the next two years is to find some big name cast offs from the NFL.

TO would be great. VY would be another. If Tebow was available, that could be huge. Otherwise even the failed guys like Maurice Clarett (I know he's not really available outside the penal league) could get some interest. Rashan Salaam was a big name the first XFL go around.

3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

They should poach college ball. Sign badass freshmen and sophomores to more than they’re making in college. Basically be an alternative development league.

4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I don't think they will and in a lot of cases, players will elect to stay for the big payday from the NFL.
    XFL players won't make much. AFL players can't steal the talent, neither can the CFL, I don't expect the XFL to be able to either.

Honestly, we could probably even make the argument that players may get paid more in college. Of course, that's not documented.

Even then, I don't think that really helps their cause. The superstar freshman or sophomore plays 1 year, kills it against a bunch of scrubs that won't be NFL talent, then go to the NFL anyway.
    Also not sure how that would work for draft purposes. If the get paid in the XFL, then I think they would just be a FA available for the NFL. No draft, all negotiated contract, basically an UDFA which means likely a lot less money than being drafted.

5. JCBRAVE

NFL has a 3 year removed from high school rule

unless the XFL/AAF have some serious contracts I cant see the players staying put, NFL is God, everyone wants a shot at the NFL

but much like the USFL it could be a good way to get people interested in the new leagues at first

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I can see alot of UDFA's going there rather than practice squads
    Darren Carrington could be a good example

7. JCBRAVE

Both the AAF/XFL are winter leagues, it would still be in players best interest to shoot for an NFL gig after the draft, the problem for these 2 new leagues will be anyone good will already have an NFL contract

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

They should put all the outcasts In a draft.

Johnny Football, Vince Young, Colin Kaepernick, Josh Gordon(if he smokes weed again), Ricky Williams, lmao.

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I don’t mean steal them pernantently. I just mean instead of college.

Like, hey mr 18 year old recruit. How bout instead of going to college, you sign a 3 or 4 year deal here, at $150k per. No class bs, don’t have to live in a dorm. Then sign up for the draft.

10. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Yeah but then I'd have my agent counter with "yeah I'd prefer 3 years of SEC chick tail over 3 years of 'I'd sleep with an XFL guy' tail 10 times out of 10." The ball is in your court, sir.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar