Very interesting news on NFL SUNDAY COUNTDOWN.....Jerry Jones....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

In a very interesting statement by Chris Mortensen on NFL Sunday Countown. He said Jerry Jones is very much interested in Jeff Fisher to take over the Cowboys after Parcells takes to the hills. Also stating that the Bud is probably going to exercise the 1 year clause for next year to keep Fisher another year but he said more interestingly that Fisher wants "some front office realignments". What are the possbilities here????

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

yup. this info surfaced a week or two ago here on the forum.
    I believe Gunny made a rumor mill thread on it...http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=22596
    edit: there it is
    or maybe someone mentioned it in a thread...

this is not a good sign if you like Fisher.

3. Tampering charges?

4. Nine

Nine Starter

Bud is really the guy holding the cards here...he decides whether Fish stays or goes. A couple of possibilities....

Bud could dangle a carrot in front of Fisher by offering him greater control over personnel decisions....particularly on draft day. Every coach dreams of having complete control over his own roster....this could very easily become the deciding factor in whether Fish stays or goes.

Also, consider the success rookie HC's have had so far this year. The Saints, Vikings, Jets, Rams....all have exceeded preseason expectations after hiring first-time head coaches. This could give the Bud the courage to let Fisher walk, and go with a younger, less expensive candidate.

If Bud sees enough demand for Fisher, it's possible that he could exercise Fisher's option, then trade him to another organization in a blockbuster deal similar to the Bucs/Raiders deal for Jon Gruden. (As I recall, the Raiders got two #1's and two #2's from the Bucs). Obviously, such a deal would require a great deal of negotiation...not only would the teams have to agree on the terms of the trade, but Fish would have to agree to a contract extension with the new team before anything could happen. But it's certainly a possibility.

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I would hate it if he went to Dallas.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I think Fisher has had enough here. I bet he goes.

7. It's not his decision...

8. SuperTitan

SuperTitan Camp Fodder

I though the NFL made changes to prevent the Gruden type deal. Am I wrong?

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

No, you are correct. You can't get draft pics anymore for compensation.

10. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Bud was under contract with the City of Houston. Deals can be done and things can change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar